Memberships benefits include the following:
- Service Credits: Free services that are included as part of the membership.
- Discounts: Discount on specific (or all) services.
- Credits: Credits in a value higher than the membership price. For example, you can give $130 credit value for a payment of $100 for a membership.
When you are creating a non-recurring membership, you need to setup one or a combination of the above benefit types on specific services or service categories. After you set up benefits, you can setup relevant conditions around the use of these benefits. These include how often can the benefits can be redeemed, their expiry period and if any rollover benefits can be used after expiry period.
Redemption of membership benefits depends on the Limit Redemption Based on field in the General tab. Select one of the following options before you go ahead and set up membership credits or discounts:
General Tab - Limit Redemptions Based on: Select one of the following:
The following two settings work in sync with the Frequency setting in the benefits tab, and apply only to service credits. These settings do not apply to any membership credit value or discounts that you may give as a part of the membership.
- Last Visit: Select this to enforce a wait period for a specific number of days before redeeming the service credits again. For example, if a membership offers ten massages, restrict a guest to wait at least 30 days between each massage. The frequency can be edited from the Benefits tab for each service.
- Frequency: Select this to enforce how frequently a customer can redeem a service credit. For example, if a membership offers 10 massages, and you've defined monthly frequency, the customer is restricted to redeeming a massage once every calendar month.
Set up Service Credits (Prepaids or Free services) and Discounts Service credits and discounts are set up in the Benefits tab. Refer to the information below to set up discounts and service credits:
Discount Type: Select one of the following
Percentage: to give a percentage of the service price as a discount.
Flat: To give a specific amount as a discount on the selected services.
- Service Equality Template: Select a service equality template for the plan.
- Service: Expand the list of services and click the name of a service to configure the benefits for it.
- Service Q: Click the cell and enter the number of service credits that you are awarding with this membership.
- Frequency: Enter the frequency to set the minimum time interval between redeeming the service credits that are awarded for the selected service. This works in sync with the Limit Redemption Based On setting in the general tab. For example, if you select monthly as a frequency here and select the last visit in the General tab, it means a guest who used a service credit has to wait at least 30 days before they can use another service credit for the same service.
- Expire Days: Enter the number of days in which the unused services expire.
- Discount When Using Credits -Peak: Enter the discount for the guests on the selected service during peak hours, when the guest pays using membership credit value.
- Discount When Using Credits - Off Peak: Enter the discount on the selected service during off-peak hours, when the guest pays using membership credit value.
- Discount After Credits Used - Peak: Enter the discount on the selected service during peak hours, after the guest uses all of the membership credit value.
- Discount After Credits Used - Off Peak: Enter the discount on the selected service during off-peak hours, after the guest uses all of the membership credit value.
- Select: Select the checkbox for each service to enable the benefits you set up for it.
Note: Peak and Off-peak hours are defined for a center in the Center Settings page.
Award Membership Credits
Membership credit value is another type of membership benefit that Zenoti supports, alongside discounts and service credits. It is similar to monetary value in the local currency and can be applied as a payment type for any service that the guest uses. For example, if you enter 500 here, guests can pay for 500 (in the local currency) worth of selected services in the center, using the credits.
Membership credit value can be different for each center, so it is entered in the Centers tab of the Create Membership window.
- Credit Amount: Enter a number for the membership credit value. If you do not provide any extra credits in your membership, leave this field blank.