A membership may offer discounts, membership credits, service credits (free services), or a combination of these. If a guest has a membership that offers service credits, you can apply the service credits to the invoice while taking the payment.
Service credits when equality template is defined for a membership
If the membership held by a guest has a service equality template, the service credits are automatically applied to the invoice, where services implied for the service credits are determined in the service equality template.
Example: Assume you sell a ‘Balinese Massage Premium’ membership that offers four sessions of ‘30-min Balinese Massage’ and has a service equality template with the following equality definition:
- ‘30-min Balinese Massage’ is a base service
- 2 X ‘30-min Balinese Massage’ = ‘60-min Balinese Massage’
- 3 X ‘30-min Balinese Massage’ = ‘90-min Balinese Massage’ and
- 4 X ‘30-min Balinese Massage’ = ‘120-min Balinese Massage’
Assume the guest availed a ‘120-min Balinese massage’. In this case, Zenoti automatically applies 4 service credits to the invoice.
Conditions to Apply Service Credits
You can apply service credits to an invoice, only when the following conditions are met:
- Guest should have a membership that offers service credits.
- Guest should have booked the service that is offered as a benefit with the membership.
- Guest should have unredeemed service credits in the membership.
- The service credits should not have expired (Expiry Days for the service credits are determined while creating the membership).
- Membership should not have expired.
- Membership should not be in the Freeze period where 'benefits cannot be used'.
How are Service Credits Applied to an Invoice
Service credits are applied in two ways:
- Automatically applied by Zenoti, when a guest has enough service credits in the membership. Learn how to modify service credits that are applied automatically to invoices.
- Manually applied by front desk when enough service credits are not available for the guest to fully redeem the service received.
Service Credits Applied Automatically
If a guest has enough service credits in the membership then, Zenoti automatically applies the service credits to the invoice.
Apply Service Credits Manually to an Invoice
Usually, Zenoti automatically applies the service credits to an invoice if the guest has membership with sufficient service credits. For certain scenarios such as when the membership does not have enough credits to redeem against a service or if you have accidentally deleted the auto-applied membership then, apply service credits manually to the invoice.
To apply service credits manually to an invoice:
1. Click the Appointment block and select Take Payment
from the menu.
The Invoice page appears.
2. In the Invoice page, select a membership from the
Membership drop-down list.
3. Click Play icon (see screenshot for reference).
Membership service credits are applied to the invoice.
If the invoice has additional items or if membership
service credits are partially applied then, proceed with
4. Under Collect Payment section, select the preferred
payment option of the guest.
5. Click Add Payment.
6. Close the invoice using one of the following options:
Close and Print (Zenoti closes the invoice and
generates a print preview of the invoice) or Close and
Email (Zenoti sends out an email to the registered
email address of the guest).
Apply Future Service Credits to an Appointment
A guest can redeem future service credits for an appointment
You can apply future service credits to a service taken today. You can also apply service credits of a newly purchased membership, to a service taken 2 or 3 days ago, by backdating the sale date of the membership.
- If the membership is already redeemed you cannot backdate the sale date.
- You must have Manager role to change the sale date. Contact your Admin or Center owner for the permissions.
Example: Assume a guest has a monthly membership that is charged on 18th of every month. The guest requested you to apply the service credits on 16th. If the guest prefers to backdate instead of paying out of pocket then, follow these steps to backdate the membership payment date.
Step I - Change the Dates in the Membership Charge Invoice
- From the Client History page (Appointment Block > View Client/Guest History > Membership tab > Click Invoice No.).
- In the invoice, select I want to ‘Edit the Invoice’ option.
- Change the Sale Date and Payment Date to the date of appointment.
- Click Save.
A warning message appears that says ‘Changes will override existing invoice details. Do you want to continue?’ Click OK to continue. Close Date of the invoice is automatically updated to the Sale Date.
Step II - Apply the Service Credits to the Appointment
- Click the Appointment block and select Take Payment from the menu.
In the invoice, service credits are auto-applied. If not then, apply Service Credits manually to an invoice.