In a Tiered Loyalty Program, you must be aware of the following:
- Points are accrued based on the total amount spent and also for performing specific actions.
- Points are not added immediately as with the Regular loyalty program.
- Points are awarded after the close of business irrespective of the invoice being open or closed (unless configured otherwise. For more information, see the Consider only Closed Invoices section of Configuring a Tiered Loyalty Program). This is particularly useful when a guest makes part payments.
Example: If a guest purchases a package worth $3000 and the package services are spread over 3 months. If the guest pays $1000 to avail services of the first month, points are accrued for the $1000 payment though the invoice is not closed.
Note: You can choose to restrict awarding of points to closed invoices only. See the Consider only Closed Invoices section of Configuring a Tiered Loyalty Program.
- Points are accrued only when payment is made using cash, card, check, or custom payment.
- You can set an expiry for the accrued points.