Before you set up the Zenoti-Xero integration, you need to add necessary accounts and tax rates in Xero.
- Add Accounts: Each account in your Zenoti application needs to have a matching account in Xero for the integration to work. You can modify the existing accounts or add new matching accounts in Xero under Settings > Chart of Accounts.
- Add Tax Rates: Similar to the accounts, the tax rates in Zenoti need to have matching tax rates in Xero to sync data between them. You can add tax rates in Xero from Settings > Tax Rates.
Add Accounts in Xero
The Xero Chart of Accounts is a list of account types that your Xero transactions have to be classified into. Xero provides a list of default accounts after you set up a Xero account. To synchronize the invoices between Zenoti and Xero, each account in Zenoti needs to have a matching account in Xero.
To add new accounts in Xero, follow these steps:
1. Log in to https://login.xero.com/.
2. Go to Settings > Chart of Accounts.
3. Click Add Account.
4. In the Add New Account dialog, enter the following details:
- In the Account Type list, select the type of the account you want to add. For example, if you want to add an account for the cash payments received, select the Current asset account type. Learn more about Xero Account Types.
- In the Code field, enter a unique code for the account. Learn more about Xero Account Codes.Learn more about Xero Account Codes.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the account. Each account must have a unique name not exceeding 150 characters, including letters and numbers.
- In the Description field, enter a description of how this account is used. It is an optional field.
- In the Tax list, retain the default tax settings.More information on Xero tax types.
- To enable the payments to your Xero account, select the Enable payments to this account
- Click Save.
For more information, refer to the Xero help on Chart of Accounts: https://help.xero.com/us/Settings_ChartofAccounts
Add Tax Rates in Xero
Xero enables you to add new tax rates that be charged on invoices, bills, and transactions. Similar to the accounts, for each tax rate that you want to send data from Zenoti, you need to have a matching tax rate in Xero.
To add a tax rate in Xero, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings > General Settings.
2. Under the Organization settings section, click Tax Rates.
3. In the Tax Rate window, click New Tax Rate.
4. In the Add Tax Rate window, enter the following:
- In the Tax Rate Display Name field, enter a name for the Tax Rate.
- In the Tax Components section, enter a component name, and the tax percentage for it in the adjacent box.
Note: The tax rate is made up of single or multiple tax components. Each tax component is a percentage rate that is applied to the item when you apply the tax rate that the component belongs to. Whether a tax rate consists of a single or multiple components, it is the overall percentage rate that is used to calculate the tax, and displayed on the invoice.
- If you want to add another tax component, click the Add a Component.
- Click Save.
Note: Customers in some countries can make use of the pre-set tax rates available in Xero.