After you create matching accounts and tax rates in Xero, you are ready to turn on the Zenoti-Xero integration. Setting up the integration between the Zenoti and Xero applications involves the following four broader steps:
Connect Zenoti to your Xero Account: The first step in turning on the integration to connect your Zenoti account with Xero.
In Zenoti, the synchronization settings need to be configured at a center level, which means if your organization has multiple centers, you need to set up the integration for each center separately.
Important: You must use a separate Xero account for each of your centers. Do not use a single Xero account for all your centers.
Sync Accounts: Each account in Zenoti needs to be mapped with the corresponding accounts in Xero to which you want to send the sales and purchase information.
If you haven’t already created the necessary accounts in the Xero Chart of Accounts, please follow the instructions in the Add Accounts to Xero article.
Sync Tax Rates: Each tax rate in Zenoti needs to be mapped with the corresponding tax rate in Xero.
If you haven’t already created the necessary tax rates in the Xero, please follow the instructions in the Add Accounts to Xero article.
Sync Items: You need to synchronize all the master data in Zenoti (products, services, packages, and memberships) with Xero.
All gift cards and prepaid cards are synced to Xero as two items and not as a separate item for each gift card and prepaid card.
Connect to Xero
To connect your Zenoti application with Xero, follow these steps:
1. Make sure you are logged in to Zenoti as Admin.
2. In the Admin Dashboard, click Centers.
3. On the Manage Centers page, click the name of the center for which you want
to set up the integration.
4. On the Edit Center page, click the Accounting tab.
5. In the Integration Settings section, enter the following:
a. In the Select Integration list, select Xero.
Additional fields related to Xero appear.
b. Select the Enable Xero checkbox to activate integration with Xero.
c. In the Sync start date field, enter a future date from when you want to sync to
d. In the Delay field, enter the number of days an invoice has to wait before it gets
For example, if the delay is set for 4 days, the invoices are synced after the
business closes on the third day and during the early hours of the fourth day.
This setting is useful in organizations where invoices are changed after creation,
and thus avoiding the need to sync them twice.
e. Click Save and then click Authorize.
The Xero login page appears.
f. Log in to Xero.
g. Select the Xero organization that matches with your Zenoti account.
You are taken back to the Integration Settings page in Zenoti, and the name of
the organization is displayed in the Xero Org field.
Important: You must use a separate Xero account for each of your centers.
Do not use a single Xero account for all your centers.
Sync Accounts from Xero
To map accounts between Zenoti and Xero, follow these steps:
1. On the Integration Settings page, select Accounts from Xero in the Sync list, and
click the Orange button next to it.
The Accounts Mapping section retrieves the Chart of Accounts from Xero and
displays it in the Custom Header column.
2. In the Accounts Mapping section, map the Zenoti headers with the corresponding
3. Expand Custom and do one of the following:
- Track all your custom payments in a single Xero account: To track all your custom payments in a single Xero account, leave the option Single account for all custom payments unchanged and select the desired Xero account from the drop-down list.
- Maintain separate Xero accounts for each of your custom payments: If you have created multiple custom payments and wish to track each of them in a separate Xero account, select the Separate accounts for each custom payment radio button and specify the desired Xero account for each of your custom payments. Important: If you do not specify a Xero account for any of your custom payments, the payments are tracked to the Xero account you specified for Default (For unmapped categories).
4. (Optional) If you record petty cash transactions in Zenoti, you can track the petty
cash transactions to an account you created for petty cash in Xero.
To record petty cash transactions to a Xero account:
- Set up an account for petty cash in Xero.
- Expand Petty Cash and specify the Xero account for all your petty cash transactions.
- For each of your petty cash categories, select an Expense Account you created in Xero (to track petty cash expense transactions recorded in Zenoti).
- For each of your petty cash categories, select a Bank Account you created in Xero (to track the money added to your petty cash register in Zenoti).
5. Click Save.
You have successfully mapped accounts between Zenoti and Xero.
SYNC TAX RATES FROM XERO
To map tax rates between Zenoti and Xero, follow these steps:
1. In the Sync list, select Tax Groups, and then click the orange button next to it.
The Tax Groups section retrieves the Tax Rates that have been set up in Xero.
2. In the Zenoti Tax Group column, select an appropriate value for each Provider Tax
3. Click Save.
You have successfully mapped tax rates between Zenoti and Xero.
SYNC ITEMS TO XERO
To sync Zenoti items with Xero, follow these steps:
1. In the Sync list, select Items to Xero, and then click the orange button next to it.
2. Click Save.
The sync between Zenoti and Xero begins.
Note: The items across sales types, including Services, Products, Packages, and
Memberships should have a unique code for the items to sync. If any of these
items have the same code, the sync doesn't work for the item.