To accept credit card payments, you will need to pair your Ingenico iCMP card reader with your iPad. Note that the iPad must already have the Zenoti Mobile POS installed.
To pair your Ingenico iCMP card reader to your iPad
1. Ensure that your Ingenico iCMP card reader is adequately charged.
2. On the iPad, open settings and turn on Bluetooth.
3. Turn the Ingenico iCMP card reader on by pressing the power button on the right.
The BT Pairing Required message appears on the card reader.
If you do not see the see the BT Pairing Required message, see the
Troubleshooting section at the end of this article.
4. When BT Pairing Required message appears, press the F1 button.
5. Scroll and find your iPad by using the F2 (down) or F3 (up) keys.
6. Press the Green button. A Bluetooth pairing pin appears.
Make a note of this PIN.
7. On the iPad, a pop-up to enter the PIN appears.
8. Enter the PIN you made a note of from the reader and tap Pair.
The following takes place:
- On the iPad: The iCMP card reader appears under My Devices as connected.
- On the card reader: This lane closed message appears on the card reader.
Important: If you do not enter the PIN on your iPad within 1 minute of seeing the
prompt, the pairing times out and you must enter a new PIN. See the
Troubleshooting section at the end of this article for details on how to enter
a new PIN.
9. On your iPad, launch Zenoti Mobile POS and tap Settings.
The Settings page opens.
10. Tap Connected Card Readers.
You should see your card reader listed here.
This indicates that the card reader setup is complete and you are ready to collect payments.
Note: During the first transaction, this device will reach out to Vantiv for software updates. After this process is completed, the device will show "Zenoti Mobile".
- Do not see the BT Pairing Required message on the card reader
- Fail to enter the PIN on your iPad and the pairing times out
- See This lane closed message on the card reader, but do not see the card reader in the Connect Card Readers.
- On the Ingenico iCMP card reader, press the F button 4 times.
The BT Pairing Required message appears.
2. Repeat steps 4 to 8 as described in the above section.
Your card reader is paired successfully with the iPad but does not appear in the Connect Card Readers of Zenoti Mobile POS.
Forget the card reader on the iPad and repeat steps 2 to 10 as described in the above section.