Invoicing under GST
GST prescribes to have a consistent invoice based reporting system that records all the important information related to a sale or purchase.
Invoices have been divided into several categories under the GST regime such as GST tax invoice, vouchers, credit notes, and advance receipts.
Learn more: Types of Invoices Generated for GST India
This article explains
The GST invoice format, mandatory information that every invoice must include, and the various other components that you can optionally include.
Before you begin
- Enable GST – India for your organization
- Enable the printing of the new GST India invoice formats
Configure GST Invoice Format in Zenoti
- Configure the header of the receipt to include the center’s GSTIN, state code, PAN, automatically insert the correct invoice header, and invoice number. Learn more: Types of Invoices Generated for GST India
- Configure the footer of receipts to include the center’s GSTIN, state code, and PAN.
Note: You can choose to add the center GSTIN, state code, and PAN in the header or footer area of the receipt.
- Print guest's address and PAN details if the total invoice amount exceeds ₹50,000. Learn more: Make Guests PAN and Address Mandatory (GST India)
- (Optional receipt settings) You can optionally choose to customize and display the following information on receipts:
- Customize Invoice Label Names (GST India) (also referred to as header labels)
- Configure Prefixes for Invoice Numbers (GST India)
- Show Tax Components in Receipts
- Print the amount collected in words
After you configure the receipt format, Start New Invoice Sequences for Centers (GST India).
Example GST Invoice Format
The following image is an example of an invoice generated by the sale of a service and a product under GST.
The red highlighted fields are mandatory details that need to be included in the invoice and the blue highlighted fields are optional details that can be included using various settings in Zenoti.
Each setting is explained in detail in the 'Configure GST Invoice Format in Zenoti' section above.
Note: In case you need help configuring GST, contact us at GstHelp@zenoti.com.