Custom fields can be of various types, such as a text field, a Yes/No field, and a drop-down list field with a list of values. For example, you could create a custom field called 'Massage Oil Preference' with various options to choose from, such as 'Olive oil', 'Grapeseed Oil', and 'Sweet almond oil'.
To create a drop-down list, you first need to define the list values. To do this, you need to use the custom list option.
To define a custom list
- Ensure that you are at the organization level.
- Navigate to Admin > Custom Fields > Lists.
The Custom List page opens.
- Click Add in the top-right corner of the page to add a new custom list or click an existing list item to edit it.
- Add or edit the fields as follows:
- List Name: The name you want to provide for the list. Example: Age
- Description: The list description. Example: The age of the guest.
List Value: Enter or edit the values for the list. Separate each value with a comma (,). Example: You can enter 20, 21, 22, 23, and so on for guest age values.
Alternatively, you can leave this field blank and choose pre-defined values in the Zenoti system for products, services, rooms, vendors, or employees. Select the appropriate value from the Select an Item drop-down.
Example: If you select 'products', all products defined in the Products page in the Admin mode for your center will display as a list of options available for selection.
5. Click Save after adding the information for the new list or click Finish when you
have completed editing the list.