A Tax Receipt Voucher is a statement of the sale of taxed prepaid items such as packages (series and custom), memberships, and gift cards.
Note: While a Tax Receipt Voucher is generated upon the sale of the above mentioned prepaid items, a Tax Invoice is generated when a guest uses any of the prepaid items to redeem a service.
The POS window generates a Tax Receipt Voucher in the following scenarios:
- While collecting payment for an invoice with a service booked for a future appointment
- While collecting payment for an invoice that includes a package of products
- While collecting payment for the sale of a gift card
- While collecting a partial payment for the sale of a package (series, custom, or offer)
- While collecting a partial payment for the sale of a recurring or non-recurring membership
Note: For a membership that has no credit amount and no service credit revenue (SCR) defined, the POS generates a Tax Invoice instead of a Tax Receipt Voucher.
- While collecting a partial payment for the sale of a package that includes products (where the package price is inclusive of services and products)
Note: When the guest later redeems the package, each redemption of the product and service generates a Tax Invoice number.
Upon collecting a payment, Zenoti locks the invoice so that taxable value cannot be changed. It does not allow the addition of new sale items, application of discounts, or redemption of loyalty points. It only allows collection of new payments.
The following is an example of a Tax Receipt Voucher generated while collecting a partial payment for a membership sale.