When taking payments, Zenoti automatically generates a number for the invoice. The numbers are usually in incremental sequence.
To be able to distinguish each invoice type, Zenoti allows you to add prefixes to the invoice numbers. For example, you can add the prefix INV for all Tax Invoice numbers or CN for all Credit Note numbers. You can also use a combination of alphabets and numbers. Adding such prefixes helps easily identify the sale type or items in the invoice.
Note: You cannot edit an invoice sequence number. You can only add prefixes to the invoice types.
Before you begin
- Enable the GST India Receipt Format
- Ensure you have configured the receipt header template to automatically include the mandatory GST information
To configure prefixes for each invoice type
- Ensure that you are at the center level.
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > Centers > On the Manage Centers page, select the center name.
The Edit Center page opens.
- Click the Settings tab and expand the Invoice & Receipt section.
- Scroll down to the following fields and update the prefix for the following invoice types:
- Tax Invoice Prefix
- Tax Receipt Voucher Prefix
- Advance Receipt Prefix
- Credit Note Prefix
- Refund Voucher Prefix
5. Click Save.
Zenoti applies the appropriate prefix to the next tax invoice, receipt
voucher, advance receipt, credit note, or refund voucher issued at the
Note: In case you need help configuring GST, contact us at GstHelp@zenoti.com