Before you begin
Tax groups will first need to be created, defined, and enabled for centers from the organization level. Read: Create Tax Groups
After you have defined the tax groups, you can associate them with various items at your center such as services, classes, products, memberships, packages, gift cards, and inventory.
Selecting the tax groups here makes them available for selection when creating or modifying an individual item from the organization level. For example, if you select “Service Tax” as the tax group for “Services” at the center level, then when creating or modifying a service, “Service tax” will appear for selection when defining the price for the service.
Important: You must go to the individual service, product, or package and select the applicable tax group. If you do not select the tax group at the individual item level, no tax component will apply to the invoice in the Point of Sale (POS) window.
To associate tax groups to various items in a center
- Ensure that you are at the center level.
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > Centers > Select the center name.
The Edit Center page opens.
- Click the Tax Groups tab.
A list of default tax groups defined for your organization is displayed.
- Select the tax group that is applicable for services, classes, products, memberships, packages, gift cards, and inventory.
- For gift cards and memberships, only a single tax group can be selected.
- The tax group selected for inventory applies to purchase orders and transfer orders.
5. Click Save.
The tax group association is saved. You can now select the saved tax groups
for services, products, packages, and inventory.