If a guest requests a transfer of service credits of a membership to another guest, you can transfer them from the guest's profile.
Before You Begin
- You must have permissions to transfer the service credits. Your Administrator can enable this permission for you at the organization level (Admin > Security Roles > Role Name > Permissions tab > Marketing Manager > Memberships and select the Transfer_Credits checkbox).
However, employees who have permissions to edit a guest's profile, will have the Transfer_ Credits option enabled by default.
- You can transfer service credits only of a membership that is configured to allow transfer of service credits. Learn how you can enable transfer of service credits for a membership.
- The membership must be Active.
- The original guest (transferor) must have at least 1 credit to transfer.
- Once the credits are transferred to a recipient, original guests (transferors) cannot request to transfer the credits back to themselves. This situation may arise if the recipient does not want to/ is unable to use the service credits.
To transfer service credits of a guest to another guest
1. Open the guest's profile.
2. Click the Membership tab.
The list of memberships purchased by the guest appears.
3. Click the name of the membership whose service credits the guest wishes to
The Membership Activity page opens.
4. In the Services Balances section, under the Balance column, click Transfer.
Note: Zenoti prompts you to provide your credentials (username and password).
Zenoti checks if you have the required permissions and allows you to proceed
with the transfer only if you have the required permissions.
5. The Membership Credit Transfer window opens.
6. Enter details of the service credits and recipient as follows:
- Service: This is a non-editable field and it displays the name of the service whose membership credits you are about to transfer.
- Quantity: Enter the number of credits to transfer.
- Expiration Date: Select the date on which the transferred credits must expire. The recipient of the credits must use them before the date you set here.
- Recipient: Enter the name of the guest who is to receive the service credits. If the recipient is an existing guest, the field auto-populates as you type.
Click Save after you select the desired recipient name.
If the recipient is not already an existing guest, click New Guest to add a new guest.
Enter details of the new guest and click Save.
7. A successfully transferred message appears.
The service credits are transferred to the recipient and the recipient can now redeem the transferred service credits.
- Enable transfer of service credits for a membership
- Redeem transferred service credits
- View details of the transferred service credits