Zenoti allows you to categorize the various steps involved in a service into different segments. You can also define the time taken to execute each segment and the order in which the segments are executed during a service.
Learn more about service segments
To define a service segment
1. Select Admin > Resources > Services.
2. On the Manage Services page, select the service whose segments you want to define.
3. On the General tab, click Define Service Segments.
The Service Segments window appears.
4. Specify the details of the first segment of the service as follows:
a) In the Name field, enter a name for the service segment.
b) In the Time field, specify the processing time of the segment.
c) In the Type field, specify if the segment is executed at Servicing time, Processing time, or Finishing time.
Learn more about these service segments.
Example: If you are defining hair wash as the first segment, you would add the segment as follows:
- Name: Hair Wash
- Time: 15 mins
- Type: Servicing Time
5. Click Add.
The segment appears in the bottom panel, with 1 as its order.
6. Repeat step 4 onward for the other segments of the service.
Defining service segments helps the Appointment Book identify related services that can be optimized to shorten the duration of services when booked together.
Points to Remember
- Try to add the finishing time segment as the last segment of the service. This allows the Appointment Book to reduce the overall duration of services with identical segments when booked together.
- If the last segment is of process type and the organization level setting Honor employee schedule for process time (Admin > Organizations > Organization > Settings tab > Appointment Book) is ON, you will not be allowed to book the process segment outside therapist schedule hours.
If this setting is turned OFF, you will be allowed to book the process segment outside therapist schedule hours.
Note: This happens automatically on the Booking Wizard. For Webstore V2, this is controlled by a setting.