You can choose the centers where this product will be made available and define the price and tax for the product in various centers. You can also determine whether the tax is included in the sale price of the product or should be added to the product base price.
In addition, you can define the desired quantity in stock, the order quantity, and alert quantity for the product to allow Zenoti to create auto-purchase/transfer orders notify the defined employees.
- If not already done, navigate to the product page as follows: Admin > Resources > Products > Click Add to add a new product or click the name of the product you want to edit.
The General tab opens.
- Enter the General details of the product and click Next, or simply click the Price tab if you want to edit the price details.
- On the Price tab, complete the following actions:
- Center Name: Select the centers where this product will be made available.
- Tax Included: Select this checkbox to include the tax in the list price itself.
Example: If your list price of a product is $100 and percentage tax in the assigned tax group is 5%:
- If you select the Tax Included checkbox - the list price becomes inclusive of tax
and the list price of the product appears as $105.
- If you do not select the Tax Included checkbox, the 5% tax is added
additionally to the sale price. On invoice, the price of the product appears as
$100 and $5 as tax.
- Tax Group: Select the appropriate tax group for the product from the drop-down list.
Important: To have a tax group listed in the drop-down, you must associate it to the center.
- Sale Price: Enter the price at which you want to sell this product, which is inclusive of tax if the Tax Included option is selected.
- Desired: Enter the product quantity that should always be available at the center to run your business. For example, if your center must maintain 50 bottles of Green Tea shampoo to run your business, you must enter 50 in the Desired column.
- Alert: Enter the alert quantity so that if the stock level of a product reaches the quantity entered in this field, Zenoti can send a notification. For example, if you want Zenoti to send a notification when the stock level of Green Tea shampoo reaches 35, enter 35 in the Alert field.
Important: Products that reach the alert quantity, appear in the Order Alert page.
- Order: Enter the quantity that you must order to maintain the desired level, considering when an order is raised and wait time to receive the order.
While raising automatic purchase orders, based on the product levels (desired, alert, and order), Zenoti does the following:
1) Step-1: Deducts the current stock count from the value available in the Desired
2) Step-2: Compares the value calculated in step-1 with the value in Order
column. Whichever is highest between the value obtained in step-1 and Order
column, Zenoti consider that value while you are placing an automatic
Example: Consider that your center maintains the following product levels for Green Tea Shampoo (Retail Product):
- Desired Level: 30 bottles
- Alert Level: 15 bottles
- Order Level: 15 bottles
Let’s say that the current stock of Green Tea shampoo is 10. Now, while you are creating an automatic purchase order, Zenoti considers to place an order for 20 Green Tea shampoo bottles. Here is how Zenoti calculates it:
- Deducts 10 (current stock) from 30 (Desired level), which is equal to 20.
- Compares 20 (value calculated in step-1) with 15 (value in Order column). Since 20 is highest compared to 15, Zenoti considers to place an order for 20 bottles.
Important: If your are adding a product that is both Retail and Consumable, you can configure the Order, Desired, and Alert levels separately for both retail and consumable portions of the product as shown in the following example:
Example: Consider that your center maintains the following product levels for Lavender Shampoo (both Retail & Consumable):
- Desired Level: Retail portion - 70 bottles; Consumable portion - 70 bottles
- Alert Level: Retail portion - 10 bottles; Consumable portion - 30 bottles
- Order Level: Retail portion - 35 bottles; Consumable - 70 bottles
Let’s say that the current stock of Lavender shampoo for consumable portion is 50 and retail portion is 15. In this case, while placing an automatic purchase order, Zenoti
considers the following values:
Here is how Zenoti calculates it:
- For consumable portion
- Deducts 50 (current stock) from 70 (Desired level), which is equal to 20.
- Compares 20 (value calculated in step-1) with 40 (value in Order column).
Since 40 is highest compared to 20, Zenoti considers to place an order for 40
bottles under consumable portion.
- For retail portion
- Deducts 15 (current stock in Zenoti) from 30 (Desired level), which is equal to
- Compares 15 (value calculated in step-1) with 35 (value in Order column).
Since 35 is highest compared to 15, Zenoti considers to place an order for 35
bottles under retail portion.
- Transfer price: Enter the price at which you want to sell this product to other centers.
Note: The transfer price of the product is typically shown on transfer orders as Unit Price. This is generally different from the product MRP.
- Transfer Tax: Select the tax group applicable on the transfer price.
4. Click Next or click Save if you have completed editing the price details.
5. (Step applicable only when adding a product) On the Vendors tab, click
The Catalog tab opens.