Starting July 1, 2017, businesses operating in India need to use Goods and Services Tax (GST) for selling any applicable goods and services.
In Zenoti, you can enable GST - India for your organization using a setting.
To enable GST India for your organization
- Ensure that you are at the organization level.
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > Organizations > Click the Settings tab > Expand General.
- Select the Enable India GST option.
After selecting it, the following fields appear:
- Start GST Sequences for all centers: Select to start generating new invoice numbers for every sale.
The first invoice number (also called as document number) starts from “1” and the subsequent invoices are then assigned incremental numbers.
Note: You cannot edit an invoice sequence number. You can only add prefixes to the invoice types.
Important: Enable this setting only on the night of 30th June, not before. If you enable this setting you cannot disable it.
- Print collected amount in words: Select to print the amount collected in words at the bottom of the receipt.
4. Click Save.
GST is now enabled for your organization.