In Zenoti, you can organize all similar products under a parent category. After you create a parent category (also known as a product category), you can create sub-categories and assign them to the parent category. For example, face products can have facial care as the parent category.
To create a subcategory for products
- Ensure that you are at the Organization level.
- Navigate to Admin > Categories > Products.
The Manage Product Categories page opens.
- Click Add on the top right corner.
- Enter appropriate details in the fields by referring to the following field descriptions:
- Category Code: You can give the category that you create a unique code for identification. For example, Skin Care can be called SC.
- Category Name: Name the category based on what it will cater to. For example, Hair Care, Body Massage and so on.
Parent Category: Select the parent category from the drop-down list.
Note: There are few categories that are present in the system, by default.
- Description: Describe this category. For example, Body Lustre products give a long lasting glow. This description will not be visible to the customers.
- Display Order: The order in which this category appears on the Webstore and the Customer Mobile App (CMA). For example, if you enter 1 as the display order for Body Lustre, then Body Care will appear as the first item in the Products list on the Webstore and CMA.
5. Select the Show in digital catalog check box if you want the category to appear in the catalog.
6. Click Save.
Below is an example image of how a service category (also known as parent category) and its sub-categories appear in the Service Categories page.