In Zenoti, you can organize all similar products under a parent category. After you create a parent category (also known as a product category), you can create sub-categories and assign them to the parent category. For example, face products can have facial care as the parent category.
To create a subcategory for products
- Ensure that you are at the Organization level.
- Navigate to Admin > Categories > Products.
The Manage Product Categories page appears.
3. Click Add on the top-right corner.
4. Enter appropriate details in the fields by referring to the following field descriptions:
- Category Code: You can give the category that you create a unique code for identification. For example, Skin Care can be called SC.
- Category Name: Name the category based on what type of services it will cater to. For example, Skin Care, Body Massage, and so on.
Parent Category: Select the parent category from the drop-down list.
Note: There are few categories that are present in the system, by default. You can create a new parent category if you do not find one in the list.
- Description: Describe the sub-category. For example, Bleach Cream for Oily Skin to have a glowing skin, can be the description. This description is visible only to staff to help them describe the product. It will be not be visible to the guests or customers.
HTML Description: Enter the description that must be displayed in the Webstore and CMA for the category.
Note: Click the preview icon to check how it will appear to the customers.
- Display Order: The order in which this category appears under the parent category on the Webstore and the Customer Mobile App (CMA). For example, if you enter 1 as the display order for Body Lustre, then Body Care will appear as the first item in the Products list on the Webstore and CMA.
5. Select the Show in digital catalog check box if you want the category to appear in the catalog.
6. Click Save.
The subcateogry is added under the parent category.
You can search for categories using its name or by business type. You can also search for catalog categories by selecting the Show In Catalog option.