Parent categories help group similar services offered at the center. For example, facials can have skin care as the parent category. After you create a parent category, you can assign several sub-categories of services under a parent category.
To create a parent category for services
- Ensure that you are at the Organization level.
- Navigate to Admin > Categories > Services.
The Manage Services Categories page opens.
- Click Add at the top-right corner of the page.
- Enter the appropriate details in the fields by referring to the following field descriptions:
- Category Code: You can give the category that you create a unique code for identification. For example, Skin Care can be called SC.
- Category Name: Name the category based on what it will cater to. For example, Hair Care, Body Massage and so on.
- Parent Category: Since you are creating the parent category in this procedure, you do not have to select anything from this drop-down list.
- Description: Describe this category. For example, Facial Glow services give a golden glow.
- Display Order: The order in which this category appears on the Webstore and the Customer Mobile App (CMA). For example, if you enter 1 as the display order for Facial Glow, then Facial Glow will appear as the first item in the Services list on the Webstore and CMA.
- Appointment Color: Click in the field and select the color which will appear in the Appointment Book for this service category.
- Appointment Text Color: Click in the field and select the color in which the text for this appointment category will appear in the Appointment Book.
5. Select the Show in digital catalog check box if you want the category to appear in the catalog.
6. Click Save.
Below is an example image of how a service category (also known as parent category) and its sub-categories appear in the Service Categories page.