- In Zenoti, commissions are always calculated on closed invoices (with one exception around Series Packages - see next point). Closed invoices are those invoices on which guests have made the full payment.
Invoices may not be closed due to various reasons such as when a guest decides to pay later, the guest makes a partial payment, the guest is part of a group and wants to pay after all the members of the group are done with their appointments, or there is a power outage. Employees do not earn commissions in all such cases. Once these invoices are closed (full payments are received), employees earn commissions based on configurations.
- Exception to closed invoices: Employees may earn commissions each time a guest pays for a Series Package using the recurring payment option if the Organization level setting Award sales commission to employee with each payment for a series package is on. Learn more: Configure Organization Level Settings for Employee Commissions
- It is a good idea to consider if and when you want to give commissions to employees and how much commission you want to award them.
- Do you want all employees to earn a standard flat amount or do you want to reward your senior therapists more than your junior therapists?
- Do you want employees to earn commissions based on a percentage?
- Do you want employees to earn commissions based on revenue slabs?
- Do you want to give commissions on all or few of these- services, free services, products, memberships, packages, gift cards, and no show/canceled invoices?
- Do you want to award commissions to employees when guests do not turn up for their appointments (no shows) or when they cancel their appointments?
- Do you want to apply any deductions on commissions to recover some of your operating costs?
- Do you want your employees to earn a tenure bonus once they complete a given number of years at your center?
- Do you want all employees in your center to get a center bonus when your business does better than expected in a pay period?
Configure Organization Level Settings for Employee Commissions