Zenoti's default option for collecting a payment in the Point of Sale (POS) window is Cash. Based on your requirement, you can choose to make one of the following payment methods as the default:
- Gift Card
- Loyalty Points
To configure your preferred payment method and card type for the Point of Sale (POS)
1. Ensure that you are at the organization level.
2. Select Admin > Organization > Organizations.
3. On the Manage Organizations page, select the Payment tab.
4. Expand the Payment Types section.
5. Select the payment types that you want to accept in your organization.
Only the options you select here will be available in the Default Payment Option in POS drop-down list.
6. From the Default Payment Option in Point-of-Sale drop-down list, select the payment type that you want as the default payment method in the POS.
Example: If you select Credit/Debit, the POS will open with Credit/Debit selected by default in the Collect Payment section.
7. From the Default Card Type in Point of Sale drop-down list, select the default card type that you want to set for POS.
Example: If you select Visa here, the POS will open with Visa selected by default in the Collect Payment section.
8. Click Save.
When you open POS, the payment method and the card type you specified (in Step 6 and 7) appear by default in the Collect Payment section.