Before you begin
When you are refunding an online credit card payment, you must be aware of the following:
- You cannot refund an amount exceeding the amount paid by the guest using the credit card
- You cannot refund the purchase of a gift card
- You can choose to refund an online card payment through cash, prepaid card, or custom payment
To refund an online credit card payment of an open invoice
1. Open the invoice, if you have not already done so.
2. With the invoice open in the Point of Sale (POS) window, click the Transaction Details icon against the added payment in the Collect Payment section.
The Transactional Details window opens.
3. Enter the amount to refund and click Refund.
You can enter either the complete or partial amount. The amount you enter here is refunded to the credit card.
A message appears stating that the refund transaction was completed successfully.
4. Click OK.