- Ensure that you have the Send/Schedule Email Campaigns permission.
Note: If you do not have this permission, you can still go ahead and create an SMS campaign, but you will not be allowed to publish it (send or schedule).
- Ensure that the front desk staff has taken consent from guests to receive email campaigns as per TCPA.
- Ensure that you have a physical address added for your center. This is very important as per CAN-SPAM compliance, any marketing emails that you send to your guests must include the physical address of the business. Violating this law can result in a huge penalty of up to $42,530.
Perform the following steps to create an email campaign with images:
1. Ensure that you are in the Admin mode and at the organization level.
2. Navigate to Marketing > Campaigns > Email/Text Message.
3. Based on your requirement, Add one of the following campaigns:
- Add Scheduled Campaign: Scheduled campaigns let you send an email on a scheduled date and time.
- Add Always on Campaign: Always on campaigns let you set up a series of emails and then lets Zenoti send them out at the right time to the right customers.
4. Depending on your selection, either Create Scheduled Campaign or
Create Always On Campaign page opens.
5. Complete the following sections:
Enter campaign info
- Campaign Name: Enter a name for the Campaign.
- Offer Code: Enter an offer code, such as SUMFRESH, that guests can use to avail the offer for online purchases.
- Description: Enter an appropriate description.
Click Done after you enter the campaign information.
Select the communication channel as Email Message and click Done.
Select Campaign Type
Select the campaign type as Announcement and click Done.
Note: When you launch a scheduled or always-on cashback campaign, Zenoti prints an auto-generated coupon number and a default coupon text: 'Cashback of $ [amount]' on the receipt of the eligible guest. You can customize the text as per your need. If you want to include the cashback in your customized offer text, insert the macro: [CashbackValue] in it. For example, if your offer text is: ‘You have earned a brow wax worth [CashbackValue]!’, it reflects on the receipt as ‘You have won a brow wax worth $25!’.
To know more about the macros you can include for your text or email campaign, read: Macros to Customize your Email/Text Campaign
In this section do the following:
- Centers: Select the centers for which the campaign is applicable.
- Target Segment: Select a target segment from the drop-down list. Guests belonging to selected segment can receive the campaign notification.
- Target Segment Billing: Enabled only when the Campaign Type is Discount, Loyalty Point, or Cashback. Select a target segment; front desk will be able to apply this campaign in the POS for all the guests belonging to the selected target segment.
Important Recommendation for Target Segment Billing in case of Scheduled Campaigns: For a 'Scheduled' Campaign, we recommend you to select same target segment for both - Target Segment and Target Segment Billing fields. This will ensure that only targeted audience will receive the benefit.
Important Recommendation for Target Segment Billing in case of Always On campaigns: For an 'Always On' campaign, we recommend you to select 'All Guests' for the Target Segment Billing field to ensure that the targeted audience who received your campaign will not miss getting the benefit. Let's see a couple of scenarios where selecting 'All Guests' for Target Segment Billing will help you not to miss out the responding guests:
- Scenario 1: Let's assume you created a 10% discount campaign (valid for 30
days) for a target segment of guests whose birthday is in a week from today
(say July 16). In the Campaign, if you set same target segment for the Target
Segment Billing field then, a guest who visits your place after a week from
the birthday (say July 23) will not be able to use the discount.
- Scenario 2: Let's assume you have created a 15% discount campaign for the
guests who spend up to $5000 in a single visit and sent out the email to a
wider audience. If you selected the Target Segment Billing as 'Guests who
spent $5000+' then, all the guests who received the email and have billed
$5000 may not get the discount.
To handle such scenarios, we recommend you to set Target Segment Billing as 'All Guests' so that the guests who received the campaign email can use the benefit.
- (Optional) Select the check box Send campaign to the guest only once in and then enter a number to set a duration of how many times you want the guest to receive the campaign.
For example, if you enter select the checkbox and enter a number 60, the guest receives the campaign once every 60 days.
- Click Done.
Create the Content
You can create your own email template at the organization or center level. However, at the center level, you cannot delete an email template that was created at the organization level.
You can use one of the following options to create an email campaign:
- Use available template within Zenoti
- Use an external HTML code (outside Zenoti)
I. Use any available Template within Zenoti
- Templates: Select a preferred layout of your email template. The available options are: Basic Layout, Themed Template, and Custom Template. To know more, read: Email Campaign: Select a Template
2. Click Select under the desired template to choose it.
Important: If your editor looks differently, than the one described in the screenshot below, you may be using the older version of the editor. For instructions on creating campaigns using the previous version of the editor, read the Email Campaign: Using the Rich Text Editor.
The template appears in the Email content field.
3. Click one of the device icons for which you want to design the template. You can
choose to design the template for a desktop, iPad, or mobile.
4. Make necessary changes to the template body by dragging and dropping the
options available on the right panel.
For example: To insert an image do the following:
- Drag and drop the Image option to the appropriate cell location within the template.
The Select image window appears.
- Enter the location of your locally stored image (image saved in your device) or path URL of the image in the Select image window.
- Click Add image to add the image to the selection.
- Double-click the image to add it to your template design.
5. (Optional) To make changes within the template, click the cell and select the icons that appear on the top of the Email content field, as required.
6. (Optional) To make inline changes to the cell, such as select the parent cell, move, duplicate, or delete the cell, click the cell and select the respective icons that
appear in the top right corner.
To know how to use the editor in detail, read: Email Campaign: Using the Editor
7. Insert the [CenterAddress] macro or enter the physical address of your center. As per CAN-SPAM compliance, this mandatory for any business operating in the US.
Important: Violating this law can result in a huge penalty of up to $42,530.
8. (Optional) Use any of the available macros to customize your email/text campaign. You can also include the custom macros in your content.
Note: Configure the custom macros for your center (Admin > Centers > Settings
> General). The custom macros can be links to your location, website, or any
other information you would like to add to the email content.
9. (Optional) Select Add plain text email and enter body text of the email.
10. If you want to save this email template for future use, click Save as Custom
Template. Give a name to this template and Click Save to save the name.
11. After you are done with the edits, proceed to the final step in creating the Email
campaign: Save and Finish.
II. Use an HTML page you designed outside Zenoti
If you have created an HTML page as per your style standards, then do the
1. Click the Import template icon.
2. Copy the HTML code from the source and paste it in the Email Content field.
12. (Optional) Click Preview to see how the email appears to the recipient.
13. (Optional) Click Send Test Mail and enter an email address to send a test
email before you send out a campaign to your guests.
14. Click Done.
Save and Publish
- Click Save and Close to save the campaign as draft.
- Click Send Now to send out the campaign.
- Click Schedule to schedule the campaign to a future date and time.
When you click either Send Now or Schedule, if the following Alerts dialog box pop up, it means that you have not added the [CenterAddress] macro in the email content.
If you have entered the address manually in the email content, click Acknowledge and Proceed. Otherwise, click Cancel and Go Back to enter the address manually or add the [CenterAddress] macro.
As per CAN-SPAM compliance, this mandatory for any business operating in the US.
Important: Violating this law can result in a huge penalty of up to $42,530.
Option for Guest to Unsubscribe from the emails
Zenoti automatically includes an option to unsubscribe, at the end of every marketing email sent to the guest. When a guest chooses to unsubscribe, Zenoti records their response and ensures that the guest will not be included in the mailing list.
Guest will not receive any notifications, even if they are eligible for special offers or discounts.
You can can create text and option to unsubscribe along with a link as shown in the following example:
Resubscribe the Guest to Notifications
If a guest wants to receive the emails again, turn on the checkboxes (shown in the image) in Guest profile: