Zenoti tries to process membership payments that are past their due date for selected number of times. The number of attempts and their frequency, called Dunning settings, are usually defined at the organization level.
If the membership uses a stored card and all collection attempts fail, the membership is Suspended. For membership with other payment types, the membership remains active until the wait period. If the guest doesn't pay in the wait period and the payment invoice remains open, the membership is then suspended.
Note: Membership suspension is automatic and cannot be performed manually.
- Membership Status: Changes to Suspended when the specified number of payment attempts fail. But the recurrence or collection status could differ as explained below.
- Recurrence Status Payment attempts can be set up to occur post membership suspension. Depending on their outcome, the following collection statuses are possible:
- Suspended (Pending attempts): When there are remaining collection attempts
after membership suspension.
- Suspended: When no extra attempts are set up after membership suspension or
after those attempts also fail.
Suspended Membership: What happens to benefits?
The accrued benefits on a suspended membership can or cannot be used based on your organization setting.
- Collect pending fee of a suspended membership: You can charge the pending fee for suspending memberships for each guest or in bulk. Use the Suspended Membership report to bulk charge all the suspended memberships in a given period. You can also collect an individual fee from the report.
Learn how to:
- Charge a guest’s suspended membership
- Charge multiple suspended memberships at once
- Waive pending fee on a suspended membership: It's likely that your members might want to skip payments for a number of reasons such as having accrued membership benefits that they want to use before they make further payments, or a sudden financial hardship. In such cases, you can waive the pending fee on a suspended membership. You also have an option to activate the membership after waiving a payment. The guest wouldn’t accrue any benefits for the skipped payments.
Learn how to skip pending fee on a suspended membership