The General tab of the Create New Promotion page allows you to create a promotion and define accrual and redemption settings and has the following fields:
- Promotion Name: Enter a unique name for the promotion.
- Code: Enter a code for the promotion.
- Description: Enter a brief description for the promotion.
- Purchase Dates: Select the dates between which the purchases are awarded promotional points.
- Actions: Select check-boxes to activate desired actions and specify promotional points accrual. For more information on the accrual actions, see accrual settings.
Specify the date or days from when the points can be redeemed:
- In the Start On field, select the start date for redeeming points.
- In the days after the purchase field, specify the number of days after
purchase from when the guest can redeem points.
For example, if 30 is entered in this field, then the guest can redeem
points accrued only after 30 days of the purchase.
Specify the end date or days to redeem the accrued points for this promotion:
- In the End On field, select the end date to redeem points.
- In the days after the purchase field, specify the number days after purchase,
after which the guest cannot redeem points.
For example, if 60 is entered in this field, then the guest cannot redeem points
after 60 days of the purchase.
- This field is checked by default.
Meaning, the points configured for the promotion are applied automatically during billing in POS.
- If you do not wish to automatically apply the points configured for the promotion, clear this field. To apply the promotional points, you must create a campaign,
link the Loyalty Point Promotion, and select the Campaign manually in POS.
Calculate commission on point redemption amount as a Free Service
- This field is clear by default, meaning, no commission is paid to the service
provider for the invoice amount paid through loyalty points.
- Select this field if the service provider should be paid a commission as per
the slab set for the Free Service Revenue.
The commission then is paid on payments made via cash, card, check,
or configured custom payments.