Use the Custom Payment method to collect payments in a form other than cash, credit card, or checks. For example, you can use the Custom Payment method to keep track of the services availed by employees of an organization or payments made using a third-party provider such as Groupon.
To create a custom payment:
- At the Organization level, navigate to Admin > Categories > Custom Payments.
The Manage Custom Payments page appears.
- To add a new custom payment type, click Add. If you want to modify details of an existing custom payment type, click the name of the custom payment type, appearing as a link.
The Custom Payment page opens.
- Under the General tab, provide details for the following:
a. Name: Enter a meaningful name for the Custom Payment.
b. Description: Enter a description for the custom payment.
c. Contact Details: Enter the email address, phone number, and complete
address of a representative in charge for the custom payment.
d. Commission: Enter the percentage of commission that you want to give to
employees performing services for guests using custom payments.
e. Active: Select this checkbox to allow the custom payment to appear as a
payment option in the Point of Sale (POS) window.
Clear the Active checkbox, to deactivate the custom payment, and remove
it from the list of payment methods in the POS window.
Note: An inactive custom payment method does not impact reports. The
reports will still show the details of past payments made using the inactive
custom payment type.
f. Award Loyalty Points: Select this checkbox if you want to award loyalty
points for using a custom payment.
Note: By default, loyalty points are awarded for payments made using cash,
cards, and checks.
g. Collect additional data: Select this checkbox if you want to enter additional
data while taking payments using the custom payment method.
h. Payment Type: Select the below checkboxes based on your requirement:
- Monetary – Financials: By default, custom payments are treated as
monetary payments for financials - they are counted in the sales reports.
Clear the checkbox to not consider the custom payment in the sales
- Monetary – Royalty: By default, custom payments are treated as
monetary payments for royalty - they are counted in royalty calculation.
Clear the checkbox to not consider the custom payment in the Royalty
By Sales and Royalty - By Collection reports.
Note: At this point, you can save the custom payment type and assign the
- To associate centers to the custom payment type, go to the Centers tab.
- If the custom payment type is used across all the centers, Select the
checkbox beside Center Name to select all the center.
- If the custom payment type you added is used only in few centers, select
the centers individually.
- Click Save.
Zenoti saves the custom payment type you just added. You can select this custom payment type while collecting payments at the centers it is associated with.