You can define reservation rules for a room. For instance, you may want to reserve this room for members only, such as Annual Members or Platinum Members or you may want to use the room for a particular Target Segment such as guests whose average spend per visit is $500.
To define reservation rules for rooms
1. Follow the steps 1 and 2 in Create Rooms.
2. Enter the following details:
- Select the Days of the Week: Specify the days of the week when you want the reservation rule to apply.
Example: You may want the rule to apply on all days of the week, except Mondays - because that’s the day your center has a weekly holiday.
- Start Time: Specify the Start Time - the rule will be active from this time, on the days you specify.
Example: You may notice that your center is busy during the afternoon hours - in such a case, you can define the reservation rule to be active from 9 A.M to 11 A.M. In this case, you can define the Start Time as 9 A.M.
- End Time: Specify the End Time - the reservation rule will not apply after this time, on the days you specify.
Example: You may notice that your center is busy during the afternoon hours - in such a case, you can define the rule to be active from 9 A.M to 11 A.M. In this case, you can define the End Time as 11 A.M
- Reservation Options: Select one of the following options if you want to remove the reservations placed on the room so that the room becomes free for other bookings.
Example: Suppose you have a VIP room that you normally reserve only for Platinum Memberships, and you know that there are no bookings on particular days (Wednesdays) from these members, you can use these options to make the same room available to other guests on these days.
- Expires __ hours before Start Time: Use this option to specify how
many hours before the center start time you want the reservation to
expire so that the room is available to other guests.
Example: If you specify Expires 1 hour before Start Time, and your
Center Start time is 7 A.M, it means that the Reservation restrictions
will expire 1 hour before 7 A.M. That is, Front office staff can make
Reservations for this Room from 6 A.M onwards.
Important: The Start Time here refers to the center start time (the
time when the center opens for the day).
- Expires __ hours before Service Start Time: Use this option to
specify how many hours before service Start Time you want the
reservation to expire so that the room is available to other guests.
Example: If you specify Expires 2 hours before Service Start Time,
and the Service Start time you specify is 11 A.M, it means that the
Reservation will expire2 hours before 11 A.M. That is, Front office
staff can make Reservations for this Room from 9 A.M onwards.
- User Type: Specify any one of the following:
- Membership Type: Select the Membership Type for which you
want the rule to apply.
Note: You should have already defined Membership Types in Zenoti.
- Target Segment Type: Select the Target Segment Type for which
you want the Rule to apply.
Example: You may want to reserve the Room for guests who have
a Massages Membership with you. This means, from 9 A.M to 11
A.M, the Front office staff can book the Room only for guests who
have a Massages Membership.
Note: You should have already defined Target Segment Types in
3. Click Add Rule.
The rule appears in the bottom panel of the same page as a summary.
You can add multiple rules if required.
4. Click Finish.
The room is created.
When the front desk books an appointment, they can automatically view the room category and service associations with the rooms. If the Front desk tries to make a booking for a guest that is not in line with the reservation options, Zenoti alerts the front desk and does not allow such reservations or booking to be made.