You can choose to add cash registers at the center level to:
- Maintain separate cash registers to track collections made by each of your front desk staff.
- "Mirror an invoice" from a cash register to an iPad for the guest to review, add tip amount, and collect card payments.
To add a cash register:
- At the organization level, navigate to Admin > Organization > Organizations > Settings.
A list of settings appears.
- Expand Invoice and Settings.
- Select the Enable multiple cash registers checkbox.
You can now add cash registers at the center level.
- At the center level, navigate to Admin > Setup > Cash Registers.
The Manage Cash Registers page opens.
- Click Add.
The Create New Cash Register page opens.
- Complete the following fields:
- Code: Enter a short code name for the register.
For example, Prod_Reg.
- Name: Enter a name for the register.
For example, Product Register.(Optional)
- Description: Enter a short description.
- Enable Invoice Mirroring: Select this checkbox to mirror an invoice to an iPad.
- Active: This checkbox is selected by default indicating that the register is available for use.
If you do not want to use the cash register yet, clear the checkbox.
7. Click Save.
The cash register is added.
To add additional cash registers, repeat steps from 4 to 7.