Important: If you are unable to install FCC client by following the steps mentioned in this article, contact FreedomPay for assistance.
You must install FCC client on every computer that will have an Ingenico iPP350 payment terminal connected for taking payments.
Note: If you do not install FCC client, you will be unable to take payments using the Ingenico iPP350 payment terminal.
This article covers:
- Installing FCC Client
- Editing Configuration Files
- Installing Device Driver for the Payment Terminal
- This article assumes that you have a FreedomPay account and that you have copied or downloaded the necessary software from FreedomPay onto the computer.
- You have received freewayUrl, storeId, and terminalId from FreedomPay.
Installing FCC Client
To install FCC client on a computer, do the following:
1. Unzip FreedomPay installation media (if not already unzipped).
You will see three folders named Disk1, Hosted, and POS.
2. Open Disk1 and launch the executable FreewayCommerceConnect.
The Welcome screen of the SQL Server installation wizard appears.
3. Click Next.
The License Agreement screen appears.
4. Accept the license agreement and click Next.
The Install Express LocalDB window appears.
5. Click Install to begin the installation.
After the installation completes, click Finish.
6. An installation wizard to install Native Client appears.
7. Click Next on the subsequent screens until you come to the
Feature Selection screen.
8. For the SQL Server Native Client, select install the entire feature on the local
hard drive and click Next.
The Native Client installation completes. Click Finish.
9. An installation wizard to install Microsoft Command Line Utilities appears.
Follow the steps in the wizard to the complete the installation of
Command Line Utilities.
10. An installation wizard to install Freeway Commerce Connect appears.
Click Next on the subsequent screens until you come to the
Custom Setup Screen.
11. As you are installing only the FCC Client, disable all features except FCC Client
Service. Ensure your selection is as per the following image:
12. Click Next. After the installation is complete, click Finish.
You have successfully installed FCC Client on the computer.
Editing Configuration Files
After you complete the FCC client installation on a computer, you must edit the FreeWayClientService.exe.config file to be able to connect the payment terminal and collect payments.
To edit the FreeWayClientService.exe.config file:
1. On the computer that you have installed FCC client, navigate to
C:\Program Files (x86)\FreedomPay\FreewayCommerceConnect.
2. Open FreeWayClientService.exe.config file in Notepad and replace the
following values with the ones you have received from FreedomPay:
- workstationID - This value is not given by Freedom Pay. Assign a unique name of
your choice, for example Terminal 1.
Note: workstationID on every computer must be unique. Make a note of this ID. This'll be required when you configure FreedomPay in Zenoti.
Installing Device Drivers for the Payment Terminal
After you complete the FCC client installation on a computer, edit the configuration files, and before you connect the Ingenico iPP350 payment terminal, you must install the required device driver.
To install the device driver:
1. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\FreedomPay\FreewayCommerceConnect.
2. Launch FreewayMsrLib-LibUsbDrivers.
3. Follow the instructions in the wizard and complete the driver installation.
You will see a screen as follows:
4. Click Finish to complete the installation.
5. Open the Services window and restart the Freeway Client Service.
6. Connect your Ingenico iPP350 payment terminal.
The terminal boots up and displays Secured By Freedom Pay screen.
You can now collect payments using the payment terminal.