You can configure Zenoti such that all employees earn a percentage of the sales price as commission on selling a particular product. Zenoti first considers the configurations at the item level (in this case, the product level). Read: Employee Commissions - An Overview and Configure Product Commissions at the Product (Item) Level
To configure product commissions based on a percentage of sales price:
- Ensure that you are at the Organization level.
- Click Admin > Resources > Products.
- Click Add.
The Create Product page appears. The commission-related settings appear in the General tab.
- In the General tab, for Commissions option, select Yes.
- For Commission Adjustment, specify a number in percentage.
Example: If you specify 50% here, it means employees will get half the amount of commission. Similarly, if you specify 100%, it means employees will get the full amount, and 200% means, employees will get double the amount of commission. You may also update this field to a higher or lower percentage depending on the time of the year. For instance, you may give an employee 200% commission during a festive season to encourage employees to earn double and during the rest of the year, you may want to retain 100% as the standard value.
- For Commission Type, select Percentage of Sales Price.
- Enter the percent of sales price you wish to give as commission.
Example: If a product costs $2000 and you specify 20% here, it means employees earn $400 as commission each time they sell one unit of that particular product. This also assumes you have specified 100% in the Commission Adjustment field.
- Click Next.
- [Optional] Enter or select details for Price, Vendors, Catalog, Variants, and Related products.
- Click Finish.
Read: Configure Product Commissions at the Individual Employee Level and Configure Product Commissions at the Job Level
Worked Example and Impact on Employee Reports
Consider the following:
- Cost of product: $2000
- Commission for Product sale is Percentage of sales price: 20%
- Commission Adjustment: 100%
- Commission earned by employee when one unit is sold: $400
- Number of units sold: 2
- Commission employee earns when two units are sold: $800
If this is the scenario, then the Employee Commissions Report, Employee Payroll Summary Report, and Employee Payroll Details Report display details of this commission.
Best Practice: To view all the columns of the report, always export these reports - the UI shows fewer columns.