You can configure Zenoti such that all employees earn a flat amount as commission on performing a service.
Zenoti first considers the configurations at the item level (in this case, the service level). If there are no commission-related configurations at the item (service) level, then Zenoti looks at the employee and job levels for commission-related configurations and then awards commissions accordingly. Learn more: Employee Commissions - Levels of Configuration and Impacts and Configure Service Commissions at the Service Level
This article covers the following sections:
- Before You Begin
- Configuring Service Commissions based on a flat amount
- Worked Example and Impact on Employee Reports
Before You Begin
- Ensure that the employee has the appropriate job (Therapist) and can perform the service. Learn more: Create Jobs
- Ensure the invoice is closed. Learn more: Employee Commissions - Before You Begin
To configure service commissions based on a flat amount:
- Ensure that you are at the Organization level.
- Click Admin > Resources > Services.
- Click Add.
The Create Service page appears. The commission-related settings appear in the General tab.
- In the General tab, for Commissions option, select Yes.
- For Commission Adjustment, specify a number in percentage.
Example: If you specify 50% here, it means employees will get half the amount of commission. Similarly, if you specify 100%, it means employees will get the full amount, and 200% means, employees will get double the amount of commission.
- For Commission Type, select Flat amount.
Enter the flat amount you wish to give as commission.
Example: If you specify 10 here, it means employees earn $10 as commission each time they perform the service. This also assumes you have specified 100% in the Commission Adjustment field.
- Click Next.
- [Optional] Enter or select details for Pricing, Products, Resources, Custom, Catalog, Variants, Related, and Add-Ons.
- Click Finish.
Worked Example and Impact on Employee Reports
Consider the following:
- Cost of the service/Service Revenue Irrelevant - it can be anything
- Commission for service is Flat amount: $30
- Commission Adjustment: 100%
- Commission earned by an employee when service is performed: $30
If this is the scenario, the Employee Payroll Summary Report, Employee Payroll Details Report, and Employee Commissions Report display details of this commission. See following screenshots for reference.
Best Practice: To view all the columns of the report, always export these reports - the UI shows fewer columns.
Tip: To view accurate commission-related figures, always generate the Employee Payroll Summary Report first and then generate the Employee Commission Report.
The Employee Payroll Summary Report, the Employee Payroll Details Report, and the Employee Commission Report show the commission details.