You can configure Zenoti such that employees earn commission on performing a service based on the revenue they generate in a given pay period.
Important: You can view this setting only if the setting Commission type (all items) for item level definition is set to Revenue from Admin > Org > Settings > Employee section settings.
Zenoti first considers the configurations at the item level (in this case, the service level). If there are no commission-related configurations at the item (service) level, then Zenoti looks at the employee and job levels for commission-related configurations and then awards commissions accordingly.
Employee Commissions - Levels of Configuration and Impacts
Configure Service Commissions at the Service Level
Important: In Zenoti, revenue for a service is price paid for a service excluding taxes and tips. Read: Sales, Collection, and Revenue in Zenoti
This article covers the following sections:
- Before You Begin
- Configuring Service Commissions based on a percentage of revenue
- Worked Example and Impact on Employee Reports
Before You Begin
- Ensure that the employee has the appropriate job (Therapist) and can perform the service. Read: Create Jobs
- Ensure the invoice is closed. Read: Employee Commissions - Before You Begin
- Ensure the option Revenue is selected for the setting Commission type (all items) for item level definition from Admin > Org > Settings > Employee section settings.
To configure service commissions based on a percentage of revenue:
- Ensure that you are at the Organization level.
- Click Admin > Resources > Services.
- Click Add.
The Create Service page appears. The commission-related settings appear in the General tab.
- In the General tab, for Commissions option, select Yes.
- For Commission Adjustment, specify a number in percentage.
Example: If you specify 50% here, it means employees will get half the amount of commission. Similarly, if you specify 100%, it means employees will get the full amount, and 200% means, employees will get double the amount of commission.
- For Commission Type, select percentage of revenue
Enter the percentage of revenue you wish to give as commission.
Example: If you specify 10 here, it means employees earn 10% as commission on revenue earned for the given service. This also assumes you have specified 100% in the Commission Adjustment field. Note: In Zenoti, revenue for a service is price paid for a service excluding taxes and tips. Read: Sales, Collection, and Revenue in Zenoti
- [Optional] Enter a percentage for Support Staff Gratuity (an enforced tip included in the invoice and given to staff who assist in the discharge of a service).
- Click Next.
The Price tab opens.
- Enter price details such as sales price and any taxes that may apply to the service.
- [Optional] Enter or select details for Products, Resources, Custom, Catalog, Variants, Related, and Add-Ons.
- Click Finish.
Worked Example and Impact on Employee Reports
Consider the following:
- Cost of service: $650
- Service tax: $130
- GST: $130
- Service charge: $32
- Tips: $65
- Commission Adjustment: 100%
- Total revenue earned: $877
- Commission is percentage of revenue: 10%
- Commission earned by employee on performing the service for one guest: $65
Note: In Zenoti, revenue for a service is price paid for a service excluding taxes and tips. Price of the service is $650. 10% of $650 is $65.
If this is the scenario, the Employee Payroll Summary Report, Employee Payroll Details Report, and Employee Commissions Report display details of this commission.
Best Practise: To view all the columns of the report, always export these reports - the UI shows fewer columns.
Tip: To view accurate commission-related figures, always generate the Employee Payroll Summary Report first and then generate the Employee Commission Report.
Configure Service Commissions at the Individual Employee Level
Configure Service Commissions at the Job Level