You can freeze a membership to stop the collections on it until it is unfrozen. You can set up the membership to unfreeze automatically on a selected date, or choose the manual option to keep it frozen for an indefinite period until someone manually unfreezes it.
You can charge a one-time freeze fee, or collect a reduced recurring fee until it is unfrozen.
Note: By default, employees with these security roles can freeze memberships: Marketing Manager, Manager, Zonal Manager, and Owner.
To freeze a membership
- Open the Guest History page.
- On the page, click the Memberships tab.
- Click the name of the membership you want to freeze.
- In the Freeze From field, select the date on which you want to freeze the membership.
- In the Unfreeze on field, do one of the following:
- Select the Manual option to keep an open-ended freeze period.
- To select a specific date to automatically unfreeze the membership,
click the adjacent option, and select the date using the calendar.
- In the Freeze Type field, select what aspects of the memberships are put on hold. You have two options to select from:
- The first option lets you put all benefits on hold and shift the date of next payment by the duration of the freeze period.
- The second option lets you allow your guests to use their benefits while skipping payments during the freeze period.
- In the Freeze fee box, enter a one-time fee or a recurring fee that you want to charge the customer.
- Select One time or Recurring options depending on whether the charge you entered is one-time or recurring.
- Type any helpful notes in the Comments box about the freeze.
Important: You cannot freeze a membership that is in one of the following membership statuses: Cancelled, Suspended, or Failed.