You can edit a guest's prepaid card balance to compensate for a service that did not meet the expectations. In such cases, you can add more balance to the prepaid card as a measure to retain the guest’s trust.
Organizations usually restrict the rights to edit a prepaid card balance to certain roles such as Managers. To add required permissions to specific employees so that they can edit a prepaid card balance, contact Support.
To edit a prepaid card balance:
- From the main menu, click the Appointment tab.
- Navigate to the guest's profile using any of the following methods:
- In the appointment book, search for the guest whose prepaid card balance you want to modify (you can search for a guest using their name, phone number or email address), and click Profile. The guest's profile details appear.
- Click on an open slot on the Appointment Book and select Pre-paid/Gift Card Details from the context menu.
Enter the prepaid card number and click Show.
Click on the guest name link in the Bought by: field.
3. Click the Pre-Paid Cards tab.
4. Click the Balance link against the relevant invoice number.
5. Enter the total amount after you have added the new balance to the existing balance.
Example: If the existing balance if $1000 and you add $500 to it, then you must enter $1500 in the new balance field.
6. Click OK.
You can now view the modified prepaid card balance when taking the guest's payment at the Point of Sale (POS).