You can partially or fully refund the membership price of a one-time membership as well as one or more payments of a recurring membership.
To refund a membership using one or more payment types
- Open the Guest History page.
- One the page, click the Memberships tab.
- Click the refund icon next to the membership charge you want to refund.
- On the Refund Invoice page, in the Refund Amount box, enter the amount that you want to refund.
- Select the checkbox next to the name of the membership.
- In the alert that appears, in the Comments box, enter the reason for the refund.
- Optionally, select the Close membership checkbox if the guest wants to discontinue the membership after the refund.
- Click Save to close the alert.
- Click Select Refund Mode.
- On the Payment Methods page, select the Refund amount can be split across one or more below option.
- Based on the payment type you want to use, enter the amount in the corresponding box in the Paid Amount column.
Note: If you select Check, Card, or Custom Payment types, click the icon to enter the relevant details. For example, if you are doing a check refund, you must enter, Check Number, Bank Name, and Check Date.
- Click Refund.
Note: For integrated credit processing, you are not required to enter the card details, since Zenoti automatically refunds the amount to the card from which the amount was received. However, if the payment was made through a debit card, you will receive an alert to swipe the debit card, after which, Zenoti completes the refund process.
- The refund invoice opens with the payment type details, showing the refund amount as a negative number.
- Close the invoice by selecting Print or Email.