Jobs in Zenoti
Employees perform various tasks in the day-to-day functioning of a business in exchange for a pay or a salary. These tasks, grouped by similarity of function, are called jobs in Zenoti. Typically, different employees perform different tasks or jobs. You can create various jobs in Zenoti such as receptionist, therapist, senior therapist, stylist, and senior therapist. Read: Create Jobs
Example: Each job includes a separate set of tasks.
- A receptionist's job: A receptionist's job includes maintaining accurate records of appointments, attending to phone calls, answering queries about services and other offerings of the center, and ensuring that guests are comfortable and are given the necessary attention while at the center.
- A therapist's job: A therapist's job includes ensuring the necessary products for massages are ready for use before a guest's appointment, delivering a service such as a massage within the stipulated time, keeping abreast with the latest massage therapies, and ensuring guest's comfort during and after a massage session. Read: Create Jobs
Roles in Zenoti
A role in Zenoti is actually a security role that refers to the access rights of an employee within the Zenoti application. The employee's role therefore determines the modules an employee can view and work with in Zenoti.
Typically, employees are given restricted access to the various modules of the Zenoti application to ensure privacy of information and also to ensure only the right employees have access to sensitive information.
The higher the role, the higher is the access to Zenoti features. Zenoti has a default set of roles such as therapist, manager, receptionist, accountant, and admin staff and housekeeping, You cannot alter these default set of roles easily - in case you do want to add roles, contact Zenoti Support.
Example: Different roles have access to different sections of the Zenoti application.
- Employees with the role of a receptionist can only view and work with the Appointment Book.
- Employees with the role of manager can view and work with a few more modules such as the Loyalty, Reports, Sales, and Marketing modules.
- Employees with the role of therapists do not have access to any part of the Zenoti software but are the most critical aspect of your business because it is their skill that forms the backbone of your business.
Note: At times, the name of the job and the role may be the same. For example, Zenoti has default roles such as receptionist, manager, supervisor, accountant. You may also create a jobs with the same names.
Important: Keep the following points in mind regarding jobs and roles in Zenoti:
- The employee access to various parts of the Zenoti software is governed by the employee role (not the job).
- At a given time, an employee can have only one job.
- At a given time, an employee may have multiple roles across centers.
Read: Set up Employee Roles