The front desk uses Block Out Time Types on the Appointment Book to show times when therapists or providers are on personal or other breaks. This helps the receptionist know not only when providers are not available but also why they are not available.
When the front desk uses different Block Out Times, the block out times appear in different colors on the Appointment Book based on the color codes specified by an administrator. This way, with a single glance the front desk can distinguish between the different types of breaks such as lunch, meeting, and leaving early.
In addition, administrators can mark different Block Out Time Type as Bookable. If a Block Out Time Type is Bookable, it means that Zenoti gives priority to guest requests for appointments in case there is a clash with the Block Out Time listed against a provider.
Zenoti has six default block out times types including Break, Leaving early, Lunch, Meeting, Personal time, and Running late.
Note: An administrator can create new Block Out Time Types to suit an organization’s needs.
To create a new Block Out Time Type
- Ensure that you are in the Organization view.
- Click the Employee tab on the main menu.
- On the Employee Dashboard, click Settings, then click Block Out Time Types.
- Click Add on the top-right corner to add a new block out type.
Note: You can also search for an existing block out time type and edit its details.
- Enter a Code, Name, and Description for the block out time type.
Note: Since the block out names are displayed on the Appointment Book, use short names so that the users can see the full name on display. For example, name a new Block Out Time Type as On Site instead of On Site with Customer as On Site is shorter and easily visible on the Appointment Book.
- Select a color from Block Color.
The Block Out Time appears with this color on the Appointment Book.
- Specify the color of the text in which the name of the Block Out Time Type should appear using Block Text Color.
- In the Duration field, use the default time period to block, for this Block Out Time Type.
Note: This is the default time for a particular block out time type, but the front desk can modify the time in the Appointment Book.
- Select the Include this time in employee utilization checkbox if you want to count the block out time towards employee utilization.
Note: If you select this checkbox, Zenoti considers this block out time type as service time in employee utilization reports.
- Select the Active checkbox if you want to enable to the block out time type in your organization. Only active block out time types are shown to the front desk when they block the time of the therapists.
- Select the Bookable checkbox if you want this block out time type to have the flexibility to accommodate guest requests for appointments in case there is a clash between the two (block out time and guest request for appointment).
Note: Any Block Out Time that is marked as Bookable (such as Lunch, Break, Personal Time) accommodates guest appointments on priority.
- Click Save.
When the front desk adds Block Out Times for providers on the Appointment Book, they appear in the assigned colors.