Zenoti allows you to refund an amount to a gift card that was used to make a purchase. For instance, if a guest used a gift card to pay for a service and then requests a refund, you can process the refund to the same gift card.
- You can only refund to the same gift card that the guest had used for the payment.
- If the purchase appears as a Redemption, then you cannot process a refund (gift card purchased with tax included in its sales price, appears as redemption when used as a payment method).
Below is an example of how a gift card appears as a redemption:
- The refund amount must be equal to or less than the payment made with the gift card. If necessary, you can split the amount between the gift card and other payment methods.
Before you begin processing a refund
To process a refund to a gift card, ensure the following:
- The Allow gift card amount to be refunded to same card option is selected at the organization level (Admin > Organization > Organizations > Setting tab > Invoice & Receipt > Allow gift card amount to be refunded to same card).
To learn more read: Setting up Gift Cards.
- The employee has the required permission to process a refund to a gift card.Note: Administrator and owner roles have this permission enabled by default. To enable the permission for other roles, from the organization level navigate to Admin-> Organization > Security Roles > Select the role name > Click the Permission tab > Expand the Administrator section > Select GiftCard against the Refund permission.
Process a refund to a gift card
Step 1 : Navigate to the Refund Invoice window
Based on whether you know the invoice number, use one of the following ways to open the Refund Invoice window:
- If you know the invoice or receipt number:
- Search for the invoice using the number.
- Based on the sale items included in the invoice, the Search for an Invoice or a Receipt window provides varied options. Click as appropriate:
- To refund the amount on a product or package, click Return.
- To refund the amount on a service or membership, click Show, and then click I want to > Refund Invoice..
The Refund Invoice window appears.
- If you do not know the invoice or receipt number:
- Open the Guest Profile.
- Based on what you want to refund, select the Appointments (for services), Products, Memberships, or Packages tab.
- Look for the invoice whose amount you want to refund, and then select one of the following:
- Click the orange refund icon in the Refund column of the invoice.
- Click the invoice number, and click I want to > Refund Invoice.
The Refund Invoice window appears.
Step 2: Select items:
On the Select Items page:
- Select the item you want to refund
- Enter the amount to refund in the Refund Amount field (the amount can be the full amount or a partial amount).
If there are many items in the invoice, enter the refund amount against each item selected.
- Click Select Refund Mode.
The Payment Method page displays the gift cards used to purchase the items. The gift card number, the redeemed amount, and the amount paid towards tips display for each gift card used in the invoice.
Step 3: Select payment method:
- Select the option Refund amount can be split across one or more below options and enter the refund amount in the Paid Amount field adjacent to the Gift card payment type.
Note the following when entering the amount in the Paid Amount field:
- The refund amount must be equal to Total Refund Amount entered in the Select Items section.
- The refund amount must be equal to or less than the amount used on the gift card.
- You can split the refund amount between the gift cards and other payment methods such as cash, check, credit card, custom, or issue a prepaid card for the amount.
2. Click Refund.
The service refund invoice opens in a new window and displays the refund amount as a negative number.
Step 4: Generate an invoice:
- Verify the details and click Close & Print on the invoice.
An Invoice Refund pop-up window opens.
- Click Ok to generate an invoice.