You can at any time edit the expiry date of an existing gift card to extend or limit its validity. Organizations usually restrict the rights to edit a gift card expiry date to the owner and manager roles. To add required permissions to specific employees so that they can edit a gift card expiry, contact Support.
Note: You cannot edit the expiration date for the following:
- Gift Cards that have already expired
- Gift Cards that do not have an expiry date (the one with Expiration Status as Never Expires in the
- One time use cards
Use one of the following methods to edit a gift card expiry date:
Method 1: From the Guest Profile
- Navigate to the guest's profile and click the Gift Card tab.
The history of all the gift cards purchased and received by the guest appears.
- Click the gift card expiration date that you want to edit.
Note: If the gift card number in the Code field is masked, then you must first obtain the gift card number from the guest, click the Code field, and then enter the gift card number. Only then will you be able to edit the gift card expiry date.
In situations when the guest is unable to provide the gift card number, you can ask a staff member who has the required permission (by default, the owner role has the permission enabled) to look up the number from the guest profile.
3. Select the new expiry date from the calendar.
The new expiry date now applies to the gift card.
Method 2: From the Appointment Book
- Open the Appointment Book.
- Click an open slot on the Appointment Book and select Prepaid/Gift Card Details from the context menu.
The Prepaid/Gift card details window opens.
- In the Enter Code field, enter the gift card number provided by the guest, and then click Show.
The Prepaid Card/Gift Card Details window opens.
To learn more about the other fields in this window, read: View Gift Cards Details from the Appointment Book.
Note: In cases where the guest is unable to provide the number, you can ask a staff member who has the required permission (by default, the owner role has the permission enabled) to look up the complete gift card number from the guest’s profile.
- Click the expiry date link in the Expiry field and select the new expiry date from the calendar.
The new expiry date now applies to the gift card and gets updated in the guest's profile (Gift Cards tab).