Note: This article provides instructions for redeeming gift cards that are sold without tax. If your center applies tax on the sale of gift cards, then read Redeem a Taxed Gift Card.
What is in this article?
This article provides the following information:
- List of items that can be purchased (redeemed) using gift cards
- Instructions on applying a gift card to an invoice in the Point of Sale (POS) window
What can be redeemed?
The guest can redeem the card only for the items provided in the following table:
Note: If you are unable to apply a gift card in the POS window, verify if your organization allows the gift card to be redeemed for the selected item.
How to redeem a gift card in the POS window?
Note: If the guest is redeeming the gift card to pay for a membership service that includes tax, then read: Redeeming a Gift Card to Pay for a Taxed Membership Service. If the membership service selected does not include tax, then follow the steps below.
To redeem a gift card:
- Launch the POS window from the appointment book.
- In the guest details section on top of the POS window, specify the guest details based on whether the guest is new or an existing one.
- In the lower left pane, select the item the guest wants to pay for and add it to the invoice.
Note: If the service and package includes a tax component, then the item invoice shows the sum total (net price + tax) of the service or package selected.
Example: Below is an example image of a taxed service.
4. In the Collect Payment section:
- Select PRE-PAID/GIFT as the payment option.
The sum total and any applicable tips (or gratuity) are automatically populated in the Amount and Tips fields respectively.
- Do one of the following:
- In the Card # field, enter the gift card number manually (Or)
- Click the gift card balance link beside the gift icon to select a gift card from the list of gift cards that the guest owns (see above image).
Click the Use This link beside a gift card number and the card information automatically populates in the Card # field.
Note: Read the article How to apply a masked gift card number to an invoice?
if the gift card numbers are masked.
5. Click Add Payment and close the invoice.
Can I redeem a gift card across any center?
If your organization allows redemption of gift cards across the centers then, ensure your Admin has selected the checkbox: Enable cross center redemptions for gift cards at Organization level (Admin > Organization > Organizations > Settings > General section).