Zenoti allows you to mask the on-screen display of gift card numbers so that only the last two digits are displayed to the front desk staff. Each remaining digit is marked with an asterisk (*) (if a card number has only two digits, the first digit is masked).
Only employees with the required permission can view the complete gift card number.
How to mask gift card numbers?
Navigate to the setting as follows:
- From the organization level, navigate to Admin > Organization > Organizations > click the Settings tab > expand the Invoice & Receipts section.
- Select the Mask the gift card numbers to all users checkbox.
Note: The checkbox is clear by default. This allows your front desk staff to view the gift card numbers.
- Click Save.
The gift card numbers will now be masked at all places visible to your front desk staff.
What is the impact on masking gift card numbers?
You must be aware of the impact of masking gift card numbers on the various tasks that the front desk performs with gift cards.
When enabled, Zenoti masks the gift card number in the following locations:
POS (Point of Sale) window:
- When redeeming a gift card:
To redeem a gift card, your front desk must obtain the card number from the guest and then apply it to the payment. If the guest is not aware of the card number, a staff member with the required permission can provide this information. To learn more about how to redeem gift cards that are masked, read: How to apply a masked gift card number to an invoice?
- When generating invoices and receipts:
Zenoti displays the complete gift card number on the receipt when printed for the first time. However, on any subsequent payments made with the gift card, the card number is masked on the invoice and receipt generated.
Guest Profile: The gift card number is masked in the following places:
- Code# field in the Gift Cards tab of the guest profile. The front desk must obtain the card number from the guest to view the card redemption data.
Note: Editing the balance or expiration date on the gift card requires the front desk to enter the complete gift card number.
- An invoice opened or edited from the guest profile containing the gift card number.
- On the Refund screen, when processing a refund of a payment made using a gift card.
- All other tabs such as Appointments, Memberships, and Products, where the gift card number appears as a payment method.