To set up gift cards at the organization level, follow these steps:
Step 1: Navigate to the settings:
Ensure you are at the organization level and navigate to Admin > Organization > Organizations > click the Settings tab.
Step 2: Enable gift card sale:
To enable the sale of gift cards for your organization:
- Expand the General section.
- Scroll down to Enable gift cards and select the checkbox.
Note: To enable the sale of gift cards for a center, the Allow gift card sale in POS checkbox must also be enabled at the center level. Read: Allow gift card sale in POS in Center level Settings for Taxed Gift Cards.
Step 3: POS settings:
Here you will find settings that pertain to the behaviour of gift cards in the POS window. To view these settings:
- Expand the Invoice & Receipts section.
- Scroll down to Gift Card Settings. The following settings are available:
- Auto generate gift card number: The checkbox is clear by default which means the gift card number needs to be entered manually in the POS.
Select it to automatically generate card numbers in the POS.
Important: Once selected this feature cannot be turned off. Contact Support to clear this check box.
- In the Gift Card Number Start Value field, enter the first gift card code
number of your choice. Zenoti then, serially assigns gift card numbers to
each gift card sold in POS.
Note: If the checkbox is already enabled, the system displays the last generated gift card number.
- Show purchased and received giftcards in POS: Select the checkbox to display purchased and received gift cards’ information in the POS window while taking a payment.
Example: The following image shows the purchased and received gift cards information in the POS window.
You must click the gift icon to view the information.
- Allow gift card amount to be refunded to same card: This checkbox is clear by default.
Select it to allow refunds on payments made using gift cards.
- Mask the gift card numbers to all users: Select to restrict access to gift card numbers from your front desk staff.
To learn more about this setting, the permission, and the impact of this setting in Zenoti, read: Masking Gift Card Numbers.
Step 4: Cross-Center Redemption settings:
Ensure the following setting is selected if you want to allow guests to redeem gift cards across your centers.
- Expand the General section.
- Select the checkbox: Enable cross center redemptions for gift cards.
Step 5 : Redemption settings:
Gift cards are sold either with the same price and value or with different price and value. Each of these cards, by default, are redeemable only for services and day packages. Read: What is Price and Value in a Gift Card?
To view or modify the redemption settings:
- If not already done, expand the Invoice & Receipts section.
- Scroll down to Gift cards with tax.
Note: No manual configuration is available for gift cards sold with tax.
By default, such cards can be used to pay for:
- Day Packages
The tax component applicable to the service or day package cannot be paid using a gift card.