Note: This article provides instructions on setting up gift cards sold with tax. If your organization does not charge tax on the sale of gift cards, read: Set Up Gift Cards.
Before you sell gift cards, they first need to be configured in the Zenoti system. The gift card setup establishes the framework for the sale and redemption of gift cards in the Point of Sale (POS) window and online.
In Zenoti, you can manage gift cards at two levels:
The following settings are available for gift cards. Click the desired link to know more about the setting:
- Allow the sale of gift cards for your organization
- Allow sale of taxed gift cards
- Auto generate gift card numbers during sale in the POS window
- Display all gift cards purchased and received by the guest in the POS window
- Allow refunds on payments made using gift cards
- Prevent your front desk staff from viewing complete gift card numbers
- Redemption setting for gift cards with tax
Note: At the center level, you can control the sale of gift cards in a center (for redemption, you must navigate to the organization level).
The following settings are available. Click the desired link to know more about the setting:
- Modify a tax group applicable on gift card sales
Allow gift card sale in the POS window for the center
Note: If the organization does not allow the sale of gift cards, then the center cannot sell gift cards, even if this setting is enabled for the center.
- Specify gift card validity period