Before you begin, the Admin must ensure the following:
- Source and destination centers have the products associated.
Navigate to Admin > Resources > Products > Price tab of a product to view the centers to which the products are associated.
- Transfer orders are enabled for your business and for your center.
- Admin > Organizations > Organization > Settings > Inventory > Enable product transfer between centers is selected.
- Admin > Organizations > Centers > Settings > Inventory > Cannot Raise transfer is not selected.
To create a return transfer order
- Navigate to Inventory > Procurement > Orders.
The Manage Purchase Orders & Transfers page is displayed.
2. From the I want to… drop-down list, select the Add Transfer Return option.
The Transfer Order Return page appears.
3. Select if your center is the source center or destination center:
- Transfer To: Select this option if your center is the source center for the return transfer order, which means you are returning the stock.
4. Select the warehouse.
5. In the Product Name field, enter the product name. As you type, you would get suggestions for the product name only if the product is made available for both centers.
Note: If you are unable to find a product, check if it is available for both the centers (source and destination) by navigating to the Admin > Resources > Products > Click the product name > Price tab.
6. Enter the return quantity of the product that you want to return.
Based on the type of the product, you will see the Retail Qty box or the Consumable Qty box, or both the boxes if the product is for both retail and consumable. You can enter 0 if you are not transferring or receiving the specific product type (retail or consumable). The total return quantity is (RetaiL Qty + Consumable Qty).
For example, you can enter 20 for Retail Qty and 0 for Consumable Qty. The total order quantity is (20 + 0) = 20
7. Click Add.
The product is added.
Note: After you add a product, you cannot change the center that you’ve selected in step-4.
8. Repeat steps 5 - 7 to add more products.
The following details are displayed for each product:
- Product Code: The code defined by the Admin while adding the product on the Products page.
- Product Name: Name of the product
Example: Lotus Face Gel
- Stock: Current total stock level of the product (both retail and consumable) in your center.
Note: If this quantity is negative, it indicates that the product is running out of stock by the quantity. It could be because of checkout, conversions, and transfers done even on low stock. You need to do a stock count to set the quantities right. Or, raise an order and receive the product.
- Last Month Usage: Number of units of the product that was used (retail and professional supply) in the previous month
- Last Month Purchase: Number of units of the product (both retail and professional supply) that was purchased in the previous month
- Retail Qty: Required quantity of the product for retail
Note: This field is 0 if the product is only a professional supply or you have entered 0 for Retail Qty in step 4.
- Consumable Qty: Required quantity of the product for consumption
Note: This field is 0 if the product is only a retail product or you have entered 0 for Consumable Qty in step 4.
- MRP ($): Maximum retail price or the Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price of the product
- Unit Price ($): Transfer price defined for the source center
If you are transferring the product to another center, this price is the transfer price defined for your center.
- Discount ($ or %): Discount defined by the source center
- OnDelivery Price ($): Product Price charged by the source center. It is usually the same as the unit price unless the center decides to give you better pricing. The destination center can change it while receiving the delivery.
- Total Price ($): (Retail Qty + Consumable Qty) x Unit Price
For example, if the Retail Qty is 20 and Consumable Qty is 30 and the unit price is $5, the Total Price is (20 + 30) x 5 = $250
- Tax: Transfer tax defined for the source center. If you have to use a different tax, select it from the drop-down list
- Total Tax ($): Total tax on the total price
- Notes: Use this field to record any specific details about transferring the product.
9. Click Save As Draft.
The transfer order is created.
After you've created a return transfer order, the next step is to raise it and then dispatch the stock, which is similar to the way you will raise and dispatch a transfer order.