In Zenoti you can configure an SMS or email notification and choose whether you want to send the wait time or queue position to your guests before the start of the appointment.
For example, you have configured that the guest should receive a text message notification 30 mins before the appointment (service) start time which is at 10 a.m. A threshold notification is sent out when the guests add themselves to the queue. An SMS is sent to the guest at 9.30 am (service) informing the guest of their queue position or wait time and they can expect the service to start in the next 30 minutes.
To configure the template for Threshold Notification:
1. At the organization level, click the Admin tab.
The Admin Dashboard page appears.
2. Click the Organization list and select Organizations.
The Edit Organization page appears.
3. Click the Email/Texts tab.
5. Expand the Kiosk section.
6. Next to Kiosk Threshold Notification - Queue Position, click Edit.
The options to configure email or SMS for Kiosk Threshold Notification - Queue
7. To send an email and/or SMS notification, configure the template as follows:
- Kiosk Threshold Notification Queue Position - Email
- To send an email notification to the guest, select the Turn this automated email on checkbox.
- (Optional) To send an email copy, near the Cc box, click Add and include the recipients by their username, employee role, or email.
Note: If you choose to add recipients by Role, all the employees mapped to that role in the base center receive the email notification.
- In the Subject field, enter a subject. Alternatively, you can also use the macros from the available macros.
- In the Plain Text textbox, customize the content.
- In the HTML textbox, customize the content.
Tip: To edit the text in full-screen mode, click Full Screen in the editor. Depending on the recipient's browser, the email is delivered as plain text (no formatting and images) or HTML text (includes images, links, and formatting).
- To send a test email, click Send Test Email and view how the email appears to your guest.
Note: In the test email, macros will appear as is and will not be replaced with real values. For example, if you have used the [FirstName] macro in the email text as 'Hi [FirstName]' then the test mail continues to show 'Hi [FirstName]' and does not show the actual first name of the guest.
- Kiosk Threshold Notification Queue Position- Text Messages (SMS)
- To send the guest a text notification, select the Turn this automated message on checkbox.
- (Optional) To forward a text message, near the Forward To textbox, click Add and include the recipients by their username, employee role, or phone number.
Note: If you choose to add recipients by Role, all employees mapped to that role in the base center receive the text message notification.
- In the Text Message textbox, customize the message. Alternatively, you can also use the available macros to customize text messages.
Important: Messages with more than 160 alphanumeric characters require two or more text (SMS) credits. Messages with one or more Unicode characters (international/multilingual text characters) require one text credit for every 70 characters.
- (Optional) To send a test SMS (text message), click Send Test Message and view how the message appears to your guest.
Note: In the test message, macros will appear as it is. For example, if you have used the [FirstName] macro in the SMS text as 'Hi [FirstName]' then 'Hi [FirstName]' appears as it is, not with an actual first name of the guest.
8. Click Save.
The notification is configured and when the setting is enabled for your center, the notification is sent to your guests.