At the time of collecting a recurring payment for a membership, you can choose to change the payment type, if the guest requests it. For example, a guest may want to pay using a different credit card or pay cash instead of using a card.
Important: The Change option appears only for Active recurring memberships. You will not find the option for Suspended or Expired memberships.
To change the guest’s payment type to collect membership fees
- Open the Guest Profile page and click the Memberships tab.
- Select a membership.
- Next to Default Payment Type, click Change.
The Change Payment Type window appears.
5. To change the payment type, from the Payment Type drop-down list, select the payment method as per the guest’s preference.
- Cash: This option is selected by default. Guest pays for the membership fees using cash.
- Online Credit Card: The membership payment is collected online using the guest’s credit card.
Hint: If the guest has multiple cards on file, you can select a different card from the list to collect EFT or draft towards a membership.
- Offline BSB card: The membership payment is collected offline and the mode of payment can be checks, cards, or coupons.
- Custom: The membership fees are paid using other modes of transaction that is not part of Zenoti.
6. Click Update.
A warning message appears stating that if confirmed all of the future and pending payments for frozen or suspended memberships will be collected using the new payment method.
7. Click OK.
The selected mode of payment type appears in Default Payment Type.