If your business is set up to prevent register closure when there are open invoices, you must close all open invoices before you can close the register.
If you were able to close the register yesterday, then follow the steps in this article to identify and close any open invoices for the current day.
However, if it’s been a few days since you last closed the register, then you may have open invoices before today. To learn how to identify and close older open invoices, read: How to Check the Past Day’s Open Invoices and Close the Register?.
To find today’s open invoices, follow these steps:
- Open Appointment Book.
- To open the context menu, click any open slot.
- Click Today’s Sales.
The Today’s Sales dialog box appears.
- From the Status list, select Open.
- Click OK.
A list of open invoices appears.
6. To open an invoice, click Show.
The Take Payment dialog box opens.
Note: If ther
e is a lock icon next to the invoice number, you cannot open the invoice without the required permissions to unlock an invoice. To get the required permissions, contact your store owner or manager.
7. To close an invoice, collect payment and click Close Invoice.
To close the register, follow these steps:
- On Appointment Book, click an open slot.
- From the context menu, select Manage Register.
- To close the register, from the context menu, in Manage Register, click Close Payments.
Note: The name of the Manage Register menu is customizable and may differ for your business.