If your business does not charge tax separately, in Zenoti, you have to create a tax group without any tax components (zero tax group).
Create a zero tax group
- Ensure you are at the organization level.
- Navigate to Admin > Setup > Tax Groups.
The Manage Tax Groups page appears.
3. Click Add.
The Create New Tax Types page appears.
4. Enter the code and name for the tax group.
5. Select the Active checkbox to make the tax group available or active.
6. Click Next.
The fields in the Component tab appear.
7. Since we are creating a zero tax group, click Next.
The fields in the Centers tab appear.
8. Select the centers where you want this tax group to be applicable.
9. Click Finish.
10. After the tax group is created, based on requirements, each center must assign the tax group to services, products, packages, memberships, gift cards, and inventory.
Assign the Tax Group at Center Level
- Ensure you are at the center level.
- Navigate to Admin > Organizations > Centers.
The Manage Centers page appears.
- Select the Tax Groups tab.
The tax-related fields appear.
4. Select the zero tax group for the following:
- Products: If you do not want to charge tax separately for retail items.
- Inventory: If you do not pay taxes to purchase your inventory from vendors or suppliers.
Note: You can also select the tax group for other items: services, memberships, packages, and gift cards.
5. Click Save.
The zero tax group is now available to be used for the selected items in the center.