When you purchase the Verifone P400 Plus device, you will receive a power adapter and a long cable with 2 ports (ETH and RS232) and power inlet.
In order to use the device for daily transactions, you must connect it to the internet. In this article, you will learn how to connect the P400 Plus to the internet.
Note: This article explains the procedure to connect your P400 Plus to the internet through WiFi for the first time. If your device is already connected to a WiFi network and if you want to change the network, then refer to the following article:
- Verifone P400 Plus: Change the WiFi network on your device.
See the following image for a quick reference of the device and its package components:
To connect the device to the internet
- Attach the Connector Cable to the device.
a. Open the latch behind the P400 Plus device.
b. Attach the Connector Cable to the port behind the P400 Plus device.
- Attach the Power Cord to the ports on the Connector Cable. Plugin the adapter to the power supply.
Note: Plugging into the power source turns on the device automatically. Plugging out from the power source will turn off the device. There is no power button on the device.
- There is an option to connect the device to the ETH port. But it is recommended to take advantage of the device’s wireless connectivity and connect it to the wireless network.
- Once the device is powered “ON” the following screens appear:
5. Tap on the Configure Network on the touch screen display.
The network settings appear.
6. Tap Wi-Fi.
The Wi-Fi settings screen appears.
7. Tap the Wi-Fi toggle switch to turn Wifi ON.
8. Tap Add Network.
The device will scan of nearby WiFi networks and list all the available networks.
9. Tap on the network that you want to connect to.
The device will add the network and prompt you to enter the password for
the network (if any).
10. Enter the password for the network.
You can use the on-screen keyboard to enter the password and enter the
Green Circle button.
The device will activate the WiFi profile and connect to the network.
12. Press the Red X button multiple times to go back to the home page.
The device is now connected to the internet.