- Open the Appointment Book.
- Click an open slot on the Appointment Book, and then select Prepaid/Gift Card Details from the context menu.
The Prepaid/Gift card details window opens.
- In the Enter Code field, type the gift card number provided by the guest, and then click Show.
The Prepaid Card/Gift Card Details window opens.
To learn more about the other fields in this window, read: View Gift Card Details from the Appointment Book.
Note: In cases where the guest is unable to provide the number, you can request a staff member with the required permission (by default, the owner role has the permission enabled) to look up the complete gift card number from the guest’s profile.
- Click the balance link beside the Balance field.
The Update Gift Card Balance window appears.
- Type the new balance. You must enter the total amount after you have added the new balance to the existing balance.
Example: If the existing balance if $50 and you add $50 to it, you must type $100 in the new balance field.
Note: If the price and value are different, the new balance is added to the value of the gift card. The price of the gift card does not change.
- In the Comments field, type any useful notes.
- Click OK.
The gift card balance is updated and you can now view the modified gift card balance when taking the payment in the POS window. Learn more