Usually, when your guests enter your salon or center, the front desk has to manually check them in for an appointment.
The Self Check-in feature of the Consumer Mobile App allows your guests to self check-in when they are within 100 meter radius of your center, thereby eliminating the front desk’s intervention.
Allowing your guests to self check-in on the CMA is a three-step process:
- Enable Self Check-In for your organization
- Update geo-coordinates for your center
- Enable Self Check-in on the CMA
Step 1: Enable Self Check-in for your organization.
Note: Reach out to the Zenoti team to enable the Self Check-in feature for your organization.
Step 2: Update the geo coordinates of your center.
- At the center level, navigate to Admin > Organization > Centers > Online Booking > Settings.
- Enter your center’s coordinates in the Geo Latitude and Geo Longitude fields.
CMA will allow your guests to self check-in only when they are within 100 meters (non- configurable) of these coordinates.
Step 3: Enable the Self Check-in feature on the CMA.
Note: This action is to be taken by the guest. Ensure they have the latest version of the app. The guests will have to follow the steps mentioned below to enable Self Check-in on CMA.
- Log in to CMA.
- Tap the hamburger icon on the top left to open the menu.
- Tap Account.
The guest account opens.
4. Scroll down to tap Self Check-in.
5. Turn ON the following settings:
- Location: The Location setting allows the CMA to determine if the guest
is within 100 meters of the center’s coordinates and allows them to check-in. Guests must provide ‘Always Allow’ location permission.
- Notification: Enable this setting to receive check-in push notifications.
Note: Configuring Notification setting is required only for iOS devices.
For Android devices, this permission is provided by default, hence will not
be seen on this screen.
How does it work?
- On the day of the appointment, when the guest is within the geofence of the center, will receive a notification as below:
2. The guest taps on the notification and the Appointment Details screen
opens with the option to Check-in.
3. The guest taps Check-in and the provider is immediately notified about
the guest’s arrival.