In Zenoti there are two locks that enable you to restrict changes to past data:
Financial Lock: Lets you lock changes to financial information for a set duration. You can enable the financial lock for your business at the org level.
Important: If the edit lock is enabled for your business, you cannot set the financial lock to be more than 90 days.
Edit Lock: Lets you lock changes to inventory and financial data for a fixed duration of 90 days.
Important: This lock is enabled for your business by default by Zenoti.
The following actions are restricted by the financial lock:
- Update item quantity
- Remove item from the invoice
- Apply manual discount
- Apply campaign
- Update discount/campaign
- Update membership discount
- Remove package redeemed
- Remove membership discount/credit
- Remove coupon
- Edit or delete past payments on invoices
- Edit or delete liability payments (redemption)
- Refund online payment collected
- Update sale by
- Update sale date
- Update service date
- Void invoice
The following actions are restricted by the edit lock:
Important: The edit lock restricts all the actions that the financial lock restricts on invoices, and two additional actions: Add items to the invoice and Update payment type.
Neither the financial lock nor the edit lock restricts the front-desk staff from performing the following actions:
- Collecting due payment
- Adding tips or SSG
- Adding or updating invoice comments
- Redeeming liabilities (Package, Gift Cards, Membership Credit, Prepaid Cards)
- Update the delivered item quantity in purchase order and transfer order
- Delete the delivered item from the purchase order and transfer order
- Update the delivered date for purchase order and transfer order
- Update the audit date
- Update the audited product quantities
- Update the reconciliation date
- Update the reconciled product quantities
- Update the checkout date and checkout quantity
- Clear the Checkout for consumption checkbox that you may have selected during checkout for consumables
- Update the conversion date and conversion quantity
- Sync the sale orders from Shopify
Note: This lock restricts only manual or scheduled sync for up to 90 days in the past. However, it does not have any impact on automatic syncs.
The following APIs are impacted by the edit lock:
- Create Invoice
- Add Product
- Add Membership
- Add Packages
- Add Service
- Add Gift Card
- Delete Product
- Delete Membership
- Delete Package
- Delete Service
- Delete Gift Card
Which lock takes precedence?
If your business has enabled both the locks, Zenoti gives precedence to the financial lock.
Consider the following scenarios when both the locks are enabled for your business:
Financial lock < 90 days
If the financial lock is set to, say 30 days, the financial lock takes precedence as 30 < 90
Financial lock > 90 days
This scenario is only possible if your business already has the financial lock enabled for more than 90 days and then the edit lock is also enabled. In this case, the edit lock takes precedence. This is because when the edit lock is enabled for your business, you cannot set the financial lock to more than 90 days.
Financial lock = 90 days
If the financial lock is set to 90 days, the financial lock takes precedence.